cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTA Graphs and Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am confused between the various lines and curves that usually comes in MTA graph. Can anybody help me to understand these curves and lines.In short, I just want to know more about MTA and how it is performed and what are settings required to achieve this.?

Any help will be rewarded.?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I believe the links that has been provided to you by Me and Saurabh are enough for fresher to start and to get a break point that you are looking for. Obviously, one can not expect spoon feeding training session here in forum. It will be tough for any consultant to give you a training properly.

I request you to please read the documentation and then come with your queries.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Ok. I will read the documentation. But can you suggest me that whether MTA can be achieved through CJ2B transaction or not.?

Thanks,

Kumar Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes, you can perform MTA through CJ2B in project planning board. Anyways, I will remove your confusion regarding MTA.

There is a proper transaction for it which is CNMT.

I have posted a following screen shot taken from my Development Client for you. Go through it once.

From the above graph, you can see that VERTICAL lines are showing dates of different milestones. In my case, I have not taken any historical curve. But I expect it must be coming in your case. So, now if you get a HORIZONTAL curve then it will suggest you that its dates have not changed over the course of time, that is, progress is being made on schedule. Conversely, an ascending curve indicates that a deadline has been delayed, whereas a descending curve shows that a milestone has been reached early compared to the original planning.

PRE-REQUISITES for MTA

1. To perform a milestone trend analysis. the projects that you want to analyze must contain milestones where the Trend analysis indicator is set or was set at early on the project. The Historical curve view of the milestone trend analysis shows the dates over time of the milestones, where the Trend analysis indicator is currently set. The Historical milestones view also displays milestone dates, but where the indicator is not currently set although it was set at an earlier time.

2. The second prerequisite for the milestone trend analysis is that you must create project versions to retain the dates of the milestones for the different times in the system. Note. in this case. that you must set the MTA relevant indicator for the project versions in order to ensure that they can be used for a milestone trend analysis.

I hope this may help you

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, CJ2B can be used for MTA, just execute project, select Project Object and click on MTA icon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from above experts suggestions, you can also go thru below threads:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2147510

http://scn.sap.com/thread/411538

Also try to Google MTA in SAP, you will find a lot of information.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit and Saurabh,

Thanks for rapid quick reply.

I have already gone through these links before posting this question but I need to have a clear and concise knowledge about lines, graph and prerequisites in short so that I can get a break point that I was looking for

Thanks

Kumar Srinivasan

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer the below given link to know MTA in detail:

SAP Online Help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/e1/dde8db01c311d2b6240000e8359ebc/content.htm

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The milestone trend analysis is used to display the date situation of important project events simply and clearly, which enables you to immediately identity any variances in your planning and trends of

such variances. To do this, the planned and actual dates of the milestones relevant to project progress are compared graphically, or in tables at different times in the milestone trend analysis.

Please read some threads in forum. You will get the information regarding lines and curves.

Also, please go through the following link.

Executing the Milestone Trend Analysis - Project Progress - SAP Library

Regards,

Amit