Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Auto Log Off for a specific user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm not sure if I am on the right place. But I want to ask if it is possible to turn off the auto log off for a specific user.

I've been researching and I found out that I need to change the parameter of profile rdisp/gui_auto_logout. Understand that if I do this in our server, all users will be affected. Our requirement is only for 1 user ID.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logically it is impossible to implement this but if it must be done for a certain group of people then here is a workaround for this.

1.     Change the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout for a partcular application server and set it to 0 so that auto logout gets deactivated for that application server only.

2.      Create a logon group and include this server only in that logon group and ask the users to use this group only for the logon or you can provide the information directly to them and say them to use the application server for the logon.

Auto logout is disabled for them now.

As I already mentioned it is not the exact soultion but just a wrokaround.

Let me know if more information is needed.

I hope it works for you.

Anand

11 REPLIES 11

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hershey,

There's only one answer to your question:  it's not possible.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

You cannot use security policies to control dispatcher processes for session management.

They only control the assignment of password management rules to users (over and above the user type).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks, not tried it out & now I don't have to!

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hershey,

Not possible, any change to profile parameter affects all the user id !!!

Good Luck !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logically it is impossible to implement this but if it must be done for a certain group of people then here is a workaround for this.

1.     Change the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout for a partcular application server and set it to 0 so that auto logout gets deactivated for that application server only.

2.      Create a logon group and include this server only in that logon group and ask the users to use this group only for the logon or you can provide the information directly to them and say them to use the application server for the logon.

Auto logout is disabled for them now.

As I already mentioned it is not the exact soultion but just a wrokaround.

Let me know if more information is needed.

I hope it works for you.

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Anand, thank you so much for the info. How can I create a particular application server?

0 Kudos

You dont need to create any application server here. Application server must be there already.

If you are having only CI there then solution/workaround mentioned by me is not applicable.

Kind Regards

Anand

0 Kudos

I checked in SM51 and we only have 1 application server. Does this mean there's no way for us to test the work around that you mentioned?

THank you so much

0 Kudos

As effect of this parameter is instance wide I think we cant implement it in a only 1 application server scenario.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the user type of this 1 user?