cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Date in Purchase Requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

This could be a kind of familiar post but i need a clear cut advice on this particular aspect.

Delivery date in a purchase requisition is calculated based on PDT in material or purchasing info record. Date proposed would exclude the non working days as setup in the factory calendar. This is what my understanding with regards to the subject.

let's take this case.

#1. PR was created on 20th June so as per the Planned delivery time, delivery date should have calculated to 8th of august. But it's 30.07.2014

#2. Planning calendar:

Note: I do see an exception of 30 and rescheduling date is set to current date in the MD04 screen.

Procurement proposal was triggered for a customer requirement (created on 19.06.2014) with requirement date : 24.06.2014.

Please do help out.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Rahul

The planned delivery date is calculated in calendar day, not on working days. This is stated on the F1 help of the field.

The planned delivery time is the time that the vendor takes to deliver the materia to you, however, you don't know which factory calendar your vendor would be using, therefore, it has been defined that it is calculated in calendar days.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thanks! that's a very good piece of information.

well if i go with calendar days my delivery date should have been 25.07.2014 as the purchase requisition was created on 20.06.2014. But what i have here is 30.07.2014. is it something because of the re-scheduling factor ?

Regards,

Rahul

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Take a look on the following link, where the scheduling for external procurement is described:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/f4/7d29f344af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm?framese...

As explained here, the delivery date is firstly calculated to match the requirement date minus the goods receipt processing time. After that, the release date is calculated using the planned delivery time and the purchase processing time (defined on customizing). If you don't allow the start in the past on customizing, system switches to forward scheduling and the following procedure is used to schedule the order:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/f4/7d2a0d44af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm?framese...

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link caetano.

So, since my requirement dates would make it impossible for the system to go with backward scheduling (start date in past not allowed) the order is scheduled based on forward scheduling.

We have MRP that runs once a day so will the delivery date change every day when the planning run is over ? this would in turn change the release date right ?

what made me ask is, the Procurement proposal was generated on 20.06.2014 .Based on which the system would have proposed a delivery date to 25.07.2014 (purchasing processing time + PDT). Now i see the date to 30.07.2014. Is this because of the MRP rescheduling ? will i have a new date (delivery date) when MRP runs tomorrow ?

If so can the changes be tracked ? well i don't see any changes in the purchase requisition.

Regards,

Rahul

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

If the purchase requisition is not firmed and if this material is planned again by MRP tomorrow, then the purchase requisition dates may be changed by MRP.

Regarding the exception message, the rescheduling messages in MD04 are triggered when importing the planning elements from the database and the situation may have been changed since the last planning run. Therefore, we can't get any conclusions based on those exception messages.

You should use transaction MD05 to check the rescheduling messages that were triggered by MRP when this purchase requisition was created.

Take a look on my answer on the following thread, which explains the differences between MD04 and MD05, regarding exception messages:

BR

Caetano

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul T,

One thing i want to add that in forward scheduling mrp, opening period is not considered. So your delivery time is considered and GR processing time is considered. And GR processing time works on working days. So it considered saturday and sunday as holiday. So your delivery date is 30.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thanks for your comments.

So can i conclude like, procurement proposals for in-house production would take into consideration the factory calendar setup for finish/delivery date calculation. And for external procurement be it a planned order or purchase requisition dates are proposed based on the calendar days. Right ? or is there a twist in the tale ?

Regards.

Rahul

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, this is correct. For in-house procurement, the factory calendar is considered and for external procurement, system uses calendar days.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (0)