cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse strategy

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My client has a warehouse of a finished product that contains two sections, one for the Dairy products and one for the Juices and in every section there are high racks that is divided by rows and every row has one number such as A21 or A22 but in every row I can put more than one material from the same type or different type so I can use the options of mixed storage and add to existing stock, but I want to know the suitable strategy to use whether it will be open storage, bulk storage or to make it manual.

Best Regards,

Mohamed Hosny 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And this one row, is it one storage bin in your WM?
Do you use different storage unit types for materials?

You can use Paletization, Bulk, Open storage, either of those, but to know
which one should suit you best let us know how you determine capacity here,
is it the same for all materials or you need to have different capacity if dfferent
materials are in the bin, and different capacity if you have mixed materials.

But basically, you could use P, B and O storage strategies
for putaway. I wouldn't set it as manual since this makes no
sense if you want to make things easier to their warehouse team.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

If it is a Rack structure and movement of stock is in pallet then it is advisable to go for L-next empty bin.

For maximum utilization you can plan to go for mixed storage or addition to existing stock however in my opinion there are some

Cons of mixed storage  / addition to existing stock

Since it is a high rack (assuming that vertically it goes upto one or two level) if you want to mix stock on the same pallet it will be a time consuming process and increase your overall putaway time

also during picking if you have to pick 2 unit from a rack which is on 4th high then bring the pallet down take out 2 unit and then put back the pallet on the same position or another (as per config) which is going to increase your overall picking time