cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derive Function using Change Request Priority Code

0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

I have requirement to Create a DERIVE function:    Derive  "Due Date"  on Customer Change Request based on "CR Priority" Code.

This would be a Create Customer CR.  7.0

Example:

IF  Priority Code = 1 (Urgent)   then>  Due Date = Current Date + 1 Day (work day)

IF  Priority Code = 2 (Standard)   then>  Due Date = Current Date = 2 Day (work day)

How do I get the Priority Code and Due Date available in the rule-set.  What Entity do I use to create the DERIVE Function? 

any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this document could be a good reference in order to implement any enhancement on Change Request Header Genil model. It is not exactly your case, but you can have a reference.

I have a similar requirement here but I didn't start to build a solution yet.

Please check if helps you:

Kind Regards,

Fabiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, you are trying to derive a CR header field. As far as I know, this is not possible using BRF+ DERIVE_<entity> because CR header fields are not part of the data model. Please review this document:

However, if you want to add custom logic to default/derive values in the CR header, you can enhance the CR GenIL model. Add a custom handler class that inherits from the original class. Then, redefine method method get_attributes (call the super method first then add your logic).