Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol for "per thousand" in smartforms

MarkusHertach
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to print the symbol for "per thousand" (or "per mill" or whatever it is called in english) in a smartform textmodule ->

But whenever I paste it from Word it is being replaced by an #. I also tried ALT-codes with no further success. Does anybody have an idea?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hedvig_rohonyi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

you can use the SAP-character 189  in order to add symbols PER MILLE SIGN. You can add the  SAP-character into Smartform output document. In general, SAP icons or SAP symbols must be specified within the old Line Editor with the special display: <189>

Other possibility: Use the 'Insert field' function for this task (the icon with the green Plus sign in the text editor toolbar). In the dialog box, enter the relevant SAP character, in this case <189> . and then follow the note 535936 as I wrote above.

Hedvig

hedvig_rohonyi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

according your dump I suppose that your system is non-unicode system with code page 1100. As long as you don't have a Unicode system, the PER MILLE SIGN symbolis not part of the SAP system character set (U+2030) . So the SAP doesn't know it and cannot handle it and cannot display it on the print preview. The SAP-Note 535936 describes a trick that you can print it nevertheless. But this does not affect the preview.

Best regards,
Hedvig

MarkusHertach
Explorer
0 Kudos

p.s. ("slightly" relevant): this is a non-unicode system...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Please check if this works.

CALL METHOD cl_abap_conv_in_ce=>uccp

EXPORTING

uccp = '2030'  "( Hex value for )

RECEIVING

char = gv_per_t.

Thanks,

-VM

MarkusHertach
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the tip. I tried that but this result in a dump: CONVERSION_ERROR. The character in question does not exist in the system's codepage 1100.

Guess I'm screwed...