Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To establish an RFC connection to SAP Backend using Kerberos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Good Morning.

I have a query related to Kerberos authentication. I want to know how a third party application (In Java) connects to or establishes an RFC connection to SAP Backend system (customer's systems) using Kerberos.

Our application works perfectly fine and establishes an RFC connection to SAP using certificates (strust).

What I want to know is how do I register an RFC connection to SMGW (without SSO) with customer's SAP system using Kerberos?

The diagram would be:

CardConnect (Our application)-> sap jco ->SAP backend with Kerberos

Best Regards,

Rupali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ale_ferrara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello. I want to know if there is a way to get this library. We want to use JCO and Kerberos from a Java app to connect to the SAP Backend. How can I get it?

Regards.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

See for reference. Maybe can share how they have implemented it.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is implemented using our SNC library, which implements the Kerberos protocol mechanism. Our library is used by the SAP JCO library when connecting to SAP backend to provide SSO or MSO (if SSO isn't required). The SAP NW SSO product libraries are not being used - SAP NW SSO libraries only support use of x.509 for server to server security + user authentication.

Thanks

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

How do I get the library that works with JCo and Kerberos (without SSO)? Any way to contact you to get further details.

Regards,

Rupali

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can click on my name in this SCN thread.