cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Development system copy from Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hope you can help me out here with some ideas.

We are currently planning to implement a new SAP BW Development system, and for this we would like to make it a 1:1 copy of our current production system. Meaning all from customizing, ABAP, workbench objects etc.

But what we do not want is all the transaction and master data in infoobject, cubes etc., we are only interested in the structure and objects. Therefore we can rule out "System copy".

My question is then, is there any other ways to do this when system copy is a no go? I know we can do client copy but then we will not get all the workbench / ABAP programs which we need.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thx. in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rasmus,

Please copy existing production system to new system and remove production client from your new system.

That's all...

Regards,

Yogesh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus,

But what we do not want is all the transaction and master data in infoobject, cubes etc., we are only interested in the structure and objects. Therefore we can rule out "System copy".

Options 1: As BI objects are cross client , copying client will not solve your purpose 100%.

You can perform system copy and then clean up data in DEV

Option 2: You can create a new Development and then create TRs for required configuration objects and move to new development system.

Option 3: Use SLO tools to perform container copy without any data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There are notes suggesting about client copy in a BW system and the actions afterwards. As this is a new system there wouldn't be any connected systems.

793717 - Client copy into the BW client in Netweaver/mySAP ERP

325525 - Copying and renaming systems in a BW environment

886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver BW

Regards

RB

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus

Could you share the OS / DB & SAP version details ?

BR

SS

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

If you are planing to create a D system then here are the options I can think of :

1 - SAP TDMS Solution

2 - Perform backup and restore of PRD database to the DEV system. On DEV system create a new client and trigger a local client copy using an appropriate copy profile.

3 - Install a new DEV system and patch it to the same component level as the other system is and create transport requests for the objects to be transferred using the "Transport of Copies" from the old development system.

Regards

RB