cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to enter the URL twice for it to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, we have the systems for the SAP Portal and when anyone tries to access the URL links to the portal you have to enter it twice in order to work. If you enter the URL the first time you just get a white blank page, if you press enter again it loads. This happens for all 3 systems: developement, quality assurance and production. I tried from different browsers and from different laptops and i get the same behaviour. I tried searching the forums and blogs but i could not find this specific issues.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

Please download 3rd party tool call "Fiddler"

Open tool first and browser after(Make sure logs in tool empty for easy tracing)

Try to access portal URL and see result in HTTP tracing tool

Let me know result

** this might be DNS issue on network**

Thank you

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh,

I used Fiddler and when i opne the URL sometimes i get nothing in the logs and sometimes i get several lines such as the following one:

09:25:23:8979 [Fiddler] No HTTP request was received from (tmproxy:4292) new client socket, port 54429.

Thank you.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please disable any proxy settings your browser have and try again?

Proxy settings can found as below for internet explorer:

Match Settings as below

Please let me know results.

Thank you

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The seettings are as described in the screenshots, the behaviour is still the same, i believe that it is not a browser problem since it has the same effect on every browser that i try.

Thank you,

Bogdan

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

I want you to login in SAP NW Portal Server (RDP) - Try to open portal on same server where you installed it. If this works in first try I would say talk to your network guys- this is network related issue not portal

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh,

Thank you for trying to help, unfortunatelly we don't have a GUI on these unix servers so i cannot test if it is working locally.

Have a nice day,

Bogdan

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

The way you are describing issue is looks like network issue not SAP

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh,

We have identified the problem, it was a missing configuration from the SAP Portal, as sugested in the following SAP note: 1638447 - Additional authentication for iViews fails on IE8 and Win7

Have a nice day,

Bogdan

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

I am happy that you resolve this issue. Being good SCN community member you shared knowledge with our bigteam.

Thank you

Yogesh

davefitzgibbon
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it the standard Portal URL http://<Hostname>:<portnumber>/irj/portal or have you modified the URL in any way ?

Is a reverse proxy or load balancer involved ?

You could record a trace using HTTPWatch to see the request and response.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the standard Portal in our company, there is a load balancer involved.

Maybe the trace from Fiddler could help you?

Thank you.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go for a http request/response trace.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please get the HTTP watch tool and use solution manager to do more investigation on this.

Check this:

HttpWatch Tips and Tricks - Community Profiles - SCN Wikihttp://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BSP/HttpWatch

Regards,

Divyanshu