Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to release normal change document for development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We have Implemented ChaRM in SolMan 7.1 SP10

Have created the Project and activated Charm with required DEV/QA/PRD logical component and before creating the Maintenance cycle, we did a check in the project which showed all green..

We are able to create a request for Change and go till the approval, when we try to change the status to release for development, it is throwing the below error and not letting us go further.

We have checked the MC phase, and it is in phase Dev with release.

Project is in IN PROCESS state.

IBASE and Component details are correct.

Tried to put back to Validation and re tried for Development and this did not work.

Until unless change document created successfully, we cannot go ahead even though MC phase is in DEV with release.

I have seen few blogs and I have checked below steps

system roles in SMSY

Landscape system info

Changed MC phase to DEV with release

Strange why it is not allowing to create change document ???

Please assist

Thanks

Sateesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Three consistency checks are performed when you choose action "release for development" (resulting in the SMCR's status "being implemented"):

• PROJECT_ASSIGNED: Project is Assigned
  • SYSTEM_EXIST: System assigned to collective change request
  • FOLLOW_ON_GEN_OK: Change Documents Can be Created

In case any of these checks fails, the SMCR's status returns to "approved".

These same consistency check are also checked when the SMCR status is set to "approved". The behavior for a failed check, however, is different in this case. Just a warning message is shown on the top of the screen and the "approved" status can be set.

Question 1: When you set the SMCR to "approved", those warnings are shown too?

Perhaps there is something wrong with the assigned project.

Check if the assigned logical component has the correct systems/clients.

Check if the transport tracks between the systems listed in the logical component are working.

Question 2: When you assign the scope (change type, in your case, Normal Change), some system data from the production system defined in the logical component are automatically filled (System, Client, Configuration Item, etc). Is this happening?

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I feel in my environment PRD system was earlier using TEST role so I have changed now and will create new project and check whether this fixed my issue.

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I have created new project with all details but issues persists.

Below are the answers for your question

Answer 1: looks ok

Answer 2: No, in scope when I check I can see client 000,001,066 and 500  only for development. Client 600 and 700 are local client copies are not visible in configuration items

Note: I have created local client copies with in solution manager and used 500 as DEV,600 as QA and 700 as PRD.

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

The Installed Base for all systems/clients assigned to the Logical Component (which is assigned to your Project) should exist. Please try to generate the IBase to all clients, review your Logical Component and create a new Project.

Rgs,

Daniel

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

If you only have one logical component in your project (so SD1500-600-700), then when you have added the project on the request for change, when you add a change document in the Scope (such as normal change), the field "component" should fill automatically with the production system SD1-700.

In your screenshot I see that no entry exists in your "search object/product" for SD1-700.

As Daniel mentioned above, these should exist, so indeed generate all installed bases (transaction IB_GEN, then check if they appear in IB52). Creating a new project may not even be necessary after these ibases exist.

Kr,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Daniel. It worked but now even though process changed to implemented mode ( set to developer) without issues normal change ID is not generated yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Joyca. It worked but now even though process changed to implemented mode ( set to developer) without issues normal change ID is not generated.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is strange.

Referred below note but no luck

1946424 - Change document not created from Request for Change

Now I see project status is in being implemented mode but no change document ID are created successfully.

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Here you go other screenshots.

All transaction types in Z format only.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if the Note you mentioned did not contain a solution (both the copy control and the authorizations issue?), then I'm also out of ideas...

So you already tried with a completely new request for change and still have the same issue?

You did implement the Central Correction notes during SOLMAN_SETUP (note 1860446 for ChaRM SP10)? No inactive objects (can be checked in tx SE80)?

And if you go in the WebUI to the workcenter for Change Request Mgmt, and click in the Create-box on Create - Normal Change directly, does that work?

Kr,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes bit strange, I have tried with a new request for change and everything looks fine except generation of normal document ID automatically. I checked in SE80 and I found few inactive objects but those are more off BPM HANA objects. I can create normal change, urgent change directly and it works fine.

Raised with SAP for now may be it can be a bug:) you never know and even while starting Tcode crm_ui initially, I have experienced issue and this is due to bug in SP10 and below note will fix the bug

1971214 – syntax error CL_BT_APPRO_APPROVALSTEPE_IMPLCP

You never know:)

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

I also have Z-version of ChaRM transaction types running on SM 7.1 SP10 and it works fine.

During the configuration of ChaRM using SOLMAN_SETUP, some ch_* IDs are created with some ZSAP* roles which can be used as template for "real" IDs.

In case you are using those ZSAP* roles for tests, please notice that there are some authorization objects which makes reference to the transaction types. By default, the referenced transaction types are the standard ones. When using the Z-version of the transaction types, you need to review the roles and replace the standard transaction types to its Z-version.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca/Daniel,

Issue is fixed now. ZMCR_APPROVED_SYSTEMS ACTION definition of ZMCR_ACTIONgot corrupted as below. Deletion and Re-creation of below done the trick

Thanks

Sateesh.

Conditions of action ZMCR_APPROVED_SYSTEMS and in SPPFCADM =>

Conditions...

Created on      05.06.2014 at     12:17:20

Changed on     02.08.2011 at    12:30:16

So "Created on" is newer than "Changed on". It seems that somehow the

condition definition for this action ZMCR_APPROVED_SYSTEMS got

corrupted.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wow, I never would have guessed that.

I did have something like that before though.

I got a freeze when creating a ZMCR (so even before the whole approval thing).

I still have a note of it. Now that you mention it, I never did notice that the "created on" was newer than the "changed on"! I just saw it was red. I couldn't even delete the red condition, I got a dump then. In the homescreen of tx SPPFCADM there are some options for "clean up inconsistencies". I ran those reports and they cleaned up the incorrect conditions and fixed it.

Anyway thanks for sharing the solution!

And good luck with the rest of ChaRM now that you can continue your flow

Kr,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

Good to know that you have found a solution. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Have you checked the answers tothis question:

Although the question itself is not yet marked as answered, the provided feedback may help you.

If not - do you have more information about the error?

The complete long text, some log info in SLG1 or any other messages?

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the blog but it did not helped me.

I do not see any other errors other than standard warning as enclosed initially. Well, I will try to create another project and see if that helps using same landscape info.

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Except Normal change and Urgent changes rest is working fine. I have setup multiple clients with solution manager as DEV 500 CLIENT, QA 600 CLIENT and PRD 700 client for demo purposes.

Thats the only difference I see apart from regular systems.

Thanks

Sateesh.