Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Role - Mail Notification Bug

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are using Business roles for user provisioning in GRC.

Business roles Provisioning and De-provisioning is working properly.

Issue is with the information in the mail notification.

For New account request type:

Hi GRC Demo User 3 (Z_GRAC_USER3),

The Request number : 197 , has been processed and the Request is Closed. The details are as follows:

Z_GRAC_USER3 User created in ME1CLNT200

The generated password is: *********

"YY" Business role assigned to Z_GRAC_USER3

Kind regards,

Access Control Administrator

For Change Account Request Type:

Hi GRC Demo User 3 (Z_GRAC_USER3),

The Request number : 198 , has been processed and the Request is Closed. The details are as follows:

Z_GRAC_USER3 User created in ME1CLNT200

"XX" Business role assigned to Z_GRAC_USER3

Kind regards,

As mentioned above below is the Email notification being used.

Hi %USER_FIRST_NAME% %USER_LAST_NAME% (%USER_ID%),

The Request number : %REQNO% , has been processed and the Request is

Closed. The details are as follows:

%PROVISIONING%

Kind regards,

Our concern is that for "CHANGE ACCOUNT" request type also Email notification says "Z_GRAC_USER3 user created in ME1CLNT200". This is wrong as user is already there in the system.

So we understand that %PROVISIONING% variable is actually populating wrong data for "CHANGE ACCOUNT" request types especially for business roles.

We tested the same scenario for other roles types provisioning and de-provisioning and everything is working fine.

Can someone let us know if anyone faced the same issue or If there is any resolution for the same

Regards,

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IF you have created a "Change User" request and the user does not actually exist in the target system where the technical role within the Business roles is to be assigned, then GRC may have created the User ID (based on your provisioning settings in SPRO). That could be the reason why you are getting that notification reported back.

IF however, you have thoroughly tested the whole scenario, then you may require to raise a OSS call with SAP. It would be worth checking the user ID records in SU01 and see if the user has actually been re-created again as part of the GRC provisioning.

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

I have checked the change documents for this user in the target system. I can see in the target system only roles have been assigned with change request type, but I don't know why it brings "User created".

As told by you may be will raise OSS message and check with SAP.

Regards,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wish you all the best.

Out of interest what Support pack are you on? WE had to move up to SP 13 to ensure business role capabilities worked as intended.

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

We are also in SP13. So you didn't face this issue ? Is it?

Regards,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi that is correct, I didn't get the same issue as you , i.e. recreating a user that exists on the target system.

However, I have recently had a few new  issues i regards to business role provisioning and having multiple paths and it seems that one of the latest notes is part of SP14.

Raise a call with SAP but I won't be surprised if the issue is fixed by a note from SP 14 or above.

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Thanks for the details. I have already raised a OSS message to SAP.

I have implemented SAP note 1930923 in GRC sandbox system and can see that the mail issue I am reporting was no longer appearing. But I have seen new one this time

After note implementation: (Change Account Request Type with Business Role Assignment)

Hi GRC User Demo 1 (Z_GRAC_USER1),

The Request number : 592 , has been processed and the Request is Closed. The details are as follows:

XX Business role assigned to Z_GRAC_USER1

Kind regards,

Before and After note implementation: (Change Account Request Type with Business Role removal)

Hi GRC User Demo 1 (Z_GRAC_USER9),

The Request number : 593 , has been processed and the Request is Closed. The details are as follows:

YY Role removed from Z_GRAC_USER9 ( )

Kind regards,

Now the issue during role assignment is resolved, but during role removal mail notification says role has been removed from user and ends with empty brackets ().

For single roles in this brackets it usually fills the system name. May be for business roles since there will not be any specific system it is coming empty, but I think SAP should fix this.

Let me know if you are also facing the same

Since you confirmed that you are using business roles, let me know any critical issues which you came across as part of SP13 as we are also on SP13 and could be helpful.

Thanks once again for taking your time in replying for my issue.

Regards,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like they have messed up the user id and user name variables within the inbuilt script for provisioning information. Ask SAP to assist you.

Answers (0)