cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to view file attached to a DIR using NWBC 3.5 (PLM7.02)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing problem in viewing a file attached to a DIR using NWBC 3.5 (PLM7.02).

Problem statement: When i click on original (say *.RH) in a DIR, I am getting error message as "Security list message; download; incorrect directory"

Expected Result: When i click on original attached in a DIR, It should open the file in associated workstation applicaiton.(Say VE Viewer for RH file format)

-----------------------
Software Environemnt:
-----------------------
NWBC3.5 Patch level 10
JAVA 1.7.0_51.
Internet Explorer:IE8

I have maintained appropriate whitelist for the server for upload /download and directories. I am using SAP DB (DMS_C1_ST) as the content repository and not using any seperate content server.

In SAP GUI, there is no issue and i am able to view the files in appropriate workstation application. this problem is only with PLMWUI using NWBC desktop/HTML.

Can anyone provide any solution for this.

Regards

OmPrakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to also specify the allowed document types (file extensions), it isn't sufficient to configure upload and download directories. Use the Java console to troubleshoot further and if required switch on the ACF trace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli Kaski,

Thanks for your reply.

Infact the error message is misleading, I resolved this issue by changing Workstation application program in DC30. Say for RH file i had to specify "%VIEWER-CONTROL% %SAPROVIS%" for Display, instead of specifying %AUTO%.

Regards,

OmPrakash

Answers (0)