cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement (Query operation) GET_ENTITYSET for a DEEP Structure in Gateway

hifzulla_a
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a Complex entity type and which is a DEEP Structure type. ( A structure with table type fields in it.Upto 4 levels). I am actually trying to achieve this to expose the data through Gateway for it to be consumed in creating a Organisation Hierarchy chart. Please suggest on this.

If I create entity in segw with the structure type, it is creating individual entity types for each table types inside the structure.

please find below the structure i am trying to use. I have 3 images below, I have 2 more levels of LEads and Peers after MGR.

Best Regards,

Hifzulla.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hifzulla_a
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Experts, I clicked "Make Assumed answer" link on this question when trying to see if I got any reply. And I do not know how to make it as a NEW question back again. Please reply to the question.

Thanks

Hifzulla.A

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you share the inputs and outputs of FM which is using all these tables ? so that we can share ideas how u can model your service.

Regards,

Ashwin

hifzulla_a
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Ashwin,

The images are attached to show the deep structure. The input for the FM is just 1 or 2 fields. but output is a structure type of deep structures.

please see the images below if it helps.

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hifzulla,

afaik you can not map FMs with deep structure output tables directly,you wld have to create a complex type reflecting the deep structure in SEGW and then model the entityset method with the function call manually in order to map the deep output structure to that complex type

hifzulla_a
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did try creating the Entity using the complex type and then  pass my structure. It creates the separate entity types for each table types that i have in this deep structure.

If u can see below, if I create an entity orghierarchy with deepstructure type, then it creates the HASDU, hasMGR, HasLead, Haspeers separately. hence can not map it to a data source function.

Am i doing anything wrong here?

Thanks & Regards,

Hifzulla.A

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

mapping to a data source via BOR/RFC wizard will not work. You'll have to create the complex type manually AND program the Class and method manually to match your complex type and the FM deep output structure