cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Send

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to design a sync send to BPM. How can i do?.

I am using JDBC adapter as sender..... BPM receivers the message.......then pass it to R3 using RFC Adapter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jay,

I remember the thread yesterday when you had mentioned that the reason you are going for this approach is that you do not want to lock the database between the Select and Update queries.

This locking can be done only for write and this will hardly be in terms of milliseconds and it is a standard practise across DB trnasaction handling to do this before select and updates

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : Sorry , could not locate the thread and hence posting this in this thrread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

here is the thread....

Yes...According to user, if i lock tables. Tables won't get data.

Yes..i know, it locks only couple of milliseconds. They are not understanding that.

How can i enhance it by adding a sync send to BPM.....sync send will get the records and pass to BPM. Then i can use for update in select to lock.

Both are same..right?..using Transaction Isolation Level : serializable in jdbc adapter.

OR

add sync send then add for update in select query.

current select query got a join, so i can't use for update in that.

I want to add a sync send to BPM. Do we have any docs or bolg, just doing this?.

Nobody did this before?.

Message was edited by:

Jay

Message was edited by:

Jay

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between

Isolation Level for Transaction serializable (strongest setting)

and

using "for update" in select.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Processing can only be performed correctly when the isolation level for transaction is set to repeatable_read or serializable.

There are different levels of database transactions known as isolation levels. The isolation level determines how transactions running in parallel influence each other. The options correspond to the JDBC constants:

Default (default setting of the respective database)

None,read_uncommitted (weakest setting),read_committed,repeatable_read

,serializable (strongest setting)

You must only lower the isolation level where necessary and as far as necessary. To avoid data inconsistencies in the database when the isolation level is lowered, ensure that multiple database transactions cannot access the database simultaneously.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chilla.

For update locks record?.

Isolation level for transaction level : serializable locks table?.

Is this correct?.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jay, Sorry but dont get the entire requirement. Can you rephrase them once again?

Thanks,

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh

I got a scenario...which connect 2db and query ...then pass those data to ECC.

For that i am using jdbc adapter then data pass to BPM.....then RFC Adapter to ECC.

Here i am getting select and update issue....loosing some record...as db keep gets data all the time select happens....before update is run, table is inserted...so there may be couple of records we loose.

How to redesign this?.....i want to get sql join run as sync and get all records...then join that with select for update data......then pass those data to BPM.....

i want to use select for update......but my current query is join...so i can't use select for update......

i want to spilt the query....like this way...get all data from joining table...then get data from main table with select for update....then update those selected records with update statement.....

anybody did this before?...how can i do this?.

Message was edited by:

Jay

Message was edited by:

Jay

Message was edited by:

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Check the below link.. It will be helpful

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

Also check this

/people/yining.mao/blog/2006/09/13/tips-and-tutorial-for-sender-jdbc-adapter

Hope these help

Regards

Kiran..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Do you want to create a scenario like this

JDBC-BPM-RFC-BPM-JDBC

Follow this weblog

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1926. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to design a synch send step that is "<i>synchronous_outbound_abstract message(Request and Response of JDBC)"</i>..........

Check this blog (Second step from Fig 14)to get idea on synch send step...

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit