cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating and sending random password by email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When creating an  ABAP user in the Backend (with CreateABAPUser pass), I need to generate password and send it by email.

I tested the functionality bith fixed password but now I need to generate a random one and send it by email?

Do you have any help/info on this topics please ?

Imy

Idm 7.2 SP7

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peterwass
Explorer
0 Kudos

Generating a password is pretty easy - a javascript will doit for you with parameters.  You can load that into an attribute on the user for the repository ($rep.Name_Password) and have that in the provisioning job and in the email thats sent.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it might be best to recycle SAP's standard here, study the HCM integration case and how the passwords are generated in the event task that moves the identity from Staging Id Store to Productive Id Store.

You can create an extra step in the Create ABAP User plugin that would store the password to the attribute Peter mentioned. Just copy paste how the mx_encrypted_password is stored and link all the needed script to the provisioning task.

Do you reset/change the passwords to the target systems from IdM? If no resetted passwords are sent from IdM to target systems, then you don't have to create the repository specific password attribute. (The password attribute is central in IdM, so if you overwrite the mx_encrypted_password/mx_password you can trigger the password change to all repositories for the user.)

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are interested in a quick'n'dirty solution, the standard system generates passwords using the function module SUSR_GENERATE_PASSWORD.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Unfortunately we can not access that type of functionality within IDM.  However as Peter mentioned, there is the ability to generate passwords via the Provisioning Framework.

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Have you looked at the Provisioning Framework tasks? Also this document, , will be quite helpful.  While it is not your exact use case, it's probably the best document that discusses password management for SAP IDM.  Take a look at those and let us know what questions you have.

Regards,

Matt