cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Sales Order, but picking up wrong ship-to-party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am creating an urgent sales order by mentioning the sales organization, distribution channel and division.

I mention the sold-to-party X but do not enter the ship-to-party.

I know it selects the ship-to-party automatically based on the partner functions mentioned in the sales area data of the customer (sold-to-party X).

But my problem here is there are three ship-to-party mentioned, and it selects one. How does it determine which ship-to=party to determine?

Is it sorted in ascending order?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it will provide you a Pop Up if you don't enter the Ship-to Manually. Now, you have select the required Ship-to from the list of 3 Ship-to parties.

Please let me know for any further queries.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

yes it does show a pop-up with multiple Ship-to-parties and i can select the required. I agree.

But actually i create sales order using a program, so the program calls BAPI_SALES_ORDER_CREATEFROMDATA which creates the sales order using the first entry in the partner functions pop-up by default.

I want to know how is it determined that which partner function is first? Is it in ascending order?

In the above screenshot, why does 16508 appear before 30597?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just checked in my system and it comes based on the sequence in which you have defined in your customer master.

Please check and let me know for any further queries.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my system, it comes in the ascending order and not in the way defined in the customer master.

Maybe thats it..maybe it is sorted in ascending order. Thanks for your help Raj and the others

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to change your sequence in your customer master and confirm back the way it is picking in the sales order.

Regards

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think it is ascending order, it is based on the last selected value. Can you pls confirm whether this behaviour is rite?

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Raj K : Yes Raj, I did that and still it selects first one, that is in ascending order.

Thanks anyways.

@Satish Kumar Balasubramanian: It is based on ascending order. Atleast in my system,. checked a few other scenarios, all the same.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok thanks for the info

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check the partner function whether you have accidentally put a tick mark on the default check box as shown below.

If you remove the tick mark and save the customer file, the system will always show a pop-up screen with existing customer list from this Ship to party while creating the Sales Order.

Regards,

Sharan

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the selection is based on the previous selected ship to party, you can check this yourself. the ship to party will always get filled with previous value of ship to party.

Thanks,

Satish

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have selected one default Ship-to-party out of three in that list.In this case always selected default partner will appear  in the sales document.If you dont want then remove the default check for the Partner ,so taht you can assign manually in sales document.Or dlete the populated ship-to- parner in the sales document then assign your ship-to-partner.