cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10.1- Simplified Access Request Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been trying to check out the new Simplified access form feature in GRC 10.1 but facing some issues.

1.  I am unable to find the Create Request -simplified option in NWBC and basically am unaware of the standard way to launch the simplified access form.

2. I did manage to make my way indirectly to it by using the service GRAC_AR > Create Request > Role Request. But this does not have option for Request Type and System assignment. The Request reason is a mere description. Since I have designed my BRF+ rules depending on request type, the request that I eventually try to create using this are not getting created since it cannot find the initiators and stuff.

So i need to know how to add new fields to simplified access request forms as Request Type and System.(the SPRO dropdown for manage fileds doesnt have these options) and also standard way(tcode/navigation) to use the Simplified access request form.

Any response will be really useful.

Thanks,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

Thanks a lot for the response but the issue was resolved after opening an OSS message by me. Have been tied so couldn't mark the thread as answered but good to know that Abbas's issue got resolved due to this thread.

For my issue, I had to copy the"Create Request – Simplified" tab from Launchpad Role GRCHOME to role GRCACCMGMT in the folder Access Request Creation using LPD_CUST.

Hope this would help others as well if they encounter the issue and it doesnt get resolve despite assigning the valid roles as well in SU01.

Regards,

Vivek Jha

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Thanks for closing out. Ooops, I didn't realise you were the original thread owner

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek - I wanted to inquire whether you answered your question below via your experience configuring the simplified access request in GRC 10.1.

"So i need to know how to add new fields to simplified access request forms as Request Type and System.(the SPRO dropdown for manage fileds doesnt have these options) and also standard way(tcode/navigation) to use the Simplified access request form."

Please let me know if so as I am trying to figure out how to add system and request type also and how to link this to my workflow configuration. Also, have you seen that you can make the risk analysis results available in the initial user friendly screen vs. navigating to the advanced mode? Appreciate your help here.

Best,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please provide your inputs on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I faced the same issue. The root cause in my case was authorization issue. After granting proper GRC roles the link was visible.

P.S : For some strange reason, despite having SAP_ALL in the GRC box, the link was not visible.

Regards,

Mayuresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuresh,

thanks a lot for the response. I already have below roles in my account and still the issue:

SAP_GRAC_ALL

SAP_GRAC_BASE

SAP_GRAC_SETUP

SAP_GRC_NWBC

SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_APPROVER

SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUESTER

SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_ADMIN

Which role have you added for fixing this issue?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the problem is that you have SAP_GRC_NWBC role assigned. This role is tied in with LPD_CUST view GRCHOME which is not the GRC AC view that you are looking for. Assign the role SAP_GRAC_NWBC instead and remove  SAP_GRC_NWBC from your user. This will solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

It's been a long time since your update on your issues.

Were you able to fix authorization issues?

Try assigning role" SAP_GRAC_NWBC to your user ID and see if this helps.

Regards,

Ameet

AbassMassalay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much all. I was facing the same predicament until I ran across this post. I added the role SAP_GRAC_NWBC, executed NWBC and all of a sudden the links "Work Inbox - Simplified" and "Create Request - Simplified" appeared under "Work Inbox" and "My Profile". Now I am receiving the following message once I click either of the links. Any suggestions?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

A 403 error means that service must be activated in transaction SICF. Talk to your basis team about this.

Regards

Colleen

AbassMassalay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Colleen Lee. That did the trick. Our Basis Team activated the services and the Simplified Access Request link now works.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abass

If your questions is now resolved, please mark it so others know what the answer is.

Regards

Colleen

AbassMassalay
Explorer
0 Kudos

How do I mark it per your request?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abass

If someone provided your with the correct answer then go their answer and select the "correct" answer button. If someone provided some information that helped get the answer then you can selected "helpful" (you can mark several as helpful)

If you solved the issue yourself then mark you response where you have provided a summary of the solution.

The correct answer will then be displayed directly under your question and make it easier for other members to resolve their problems

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Kindly let us know if you got your issues resolved with the provided solutions and mark the answers accordingly unless you have something more to ask for.

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks a lot for  the response. Sorry couldnt reply earlier.

However, the BC sets are already activated and as mentioned earlier i have been able to access the form using services. The issue is am unable to see on the default NWBC page and also unaware if there is some other standard way to launch the form. Kindly go through the query once again and assist with the same.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Considering you have activated all the mentioend BC-sets then you must be able to see screen as below:

Did you configure: maintain display sections, maintain field labels, maintain request page and reasons..? All these you would find under user provisioning --> simplified access request.

And, there is no alternate way to launch this application; not to my knowledge at least.

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Really appreciate the input buddy. The strange part is the configuration have all been done and when i open it using Test servce for GRAC_AR in SICF i can see the changes being reflected in simplified form. But still the mentioned link doesnt come up in NWBC.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Can you tell me your GRC SP version for 10.1 and also the browser details? Mine is IE version 9 and SP level 5

in  LPD_CUST all the URL  entries default marked invisible in GRCIAREPOS. I changed it to visible and yet to no avail. The issue is with the entries marked as url(simplified access request ones) webdynpro ones are working fine.

"GRCACMGMT > Access Request Creation" has no entries for the url in LPD_CUST

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am using GRC 10.1 with SP 04

IE version: 09

With these, I am having no issues accessing simplified access request

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Did you activate the required BC-sets for simplified access request..?

GRAC_DT_REQUEST_DISPLAY_SECTIONS

GRAC_DT_REQUEST_FIELD_LABELS

GRAC_DT_REQUEST_PAGE_SETTINGS

In addition to these, you can activate below mentioned BC-sets for Role search and request priority configurations.

GRAC_ROLE_SEARCH_COFIGURATION

GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_PRIORITY

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Ameet