cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our MDG NWBC screen we have Customer and Supplier folders. In change request report I need to identify in which folder I am in (currently opened folder).

In URL I am seeing string as sap-nwbc-node=106486 and sap-nwbc-node=106496 for both Supplier and Customer. If I get these values in abap, I can write my own logic based on folder that currently opened.

Can any one has experience or any ideas on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While this could be doable, I question the need for it. It is a little of over-engineering.

Basically, the "folders" are technically menu roles that are assigned to the user. You can write a single report (or WDA application). Then, in each role assign a different parameter to the menu link for this report/WDA application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Yes,, We have two security roles for both the folders.

From the change request report (Class CL_USMD_EDITION_CREQ_GUI_WD method LOAD_CREQUEST) I need to identify in which folder I am in. I tried use class CL_NWBC=>SESSION_CONTEXT attribute and no useful values are passed there. I tried to use various methods in class CL_NWBC_RUNTIME and I didn't get any useful information on currently open folder or role name.

Can you please provide some more details of WDA application you are referring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, you should not care what folder you are in. Reports should be isolated from NWBC context so they can run from any UI: NWBC, Portal, GUI, etc.

Create two different configurations for the application and link each configuration in the corresponding role. In PFCG, you can even pass different parameter values for the same application in different roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is where you can control this. Again, each role should have different values for this report: Configuration & Parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

The role parameter values for 'My change requests' report is same for both Customer and Supplier folders. Technically everything is same as it is calling same web dynpro USMD_EDITION_CREQUEST.

A few users are given authorisation for both the customer and supplier  roles. I need to control display values in report depends on folder from which they are accessing 'My Change requests' URL.

So I need to distinguish difference between these folders somehow in abap . I see different links for both the folders which has sap-nwbc-node=106486 and sap-nwbc-node=106496. I am not sure how to get these values in abap. 

If above is difficult I saw some information on class CL_CHIP_PROPERTY which is used to design the Customer and Supplier Home pages.  But I am unable to access this access within the feeder class CL_USMD_EDITION_CREQ_GUI_WD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, you are approaching this the wrong way. You should control it by parameters independent of what NWBC view a user is displaying. You can enhance the application to have new parameters (or build your own application that calls the same WDA component). Then, depending on the value of the new parameter, display the customer or the vendor details as you like. One the menu role, pass the "customer" value to this new parameter in the customer role and the "vendor" value to the same parameter in the vendor role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

I added a parameter value in PFCG for the URL 'My Change Requests'.

I may need to use these value in feeder class or web dynpro mentioned in previous message.

I tried to call  cl_nwbc=>OBN_PARAM_GET  but nothing passed to me back. Is it the right approach ?

Can you please advice how to get the role OBN (object-based navitation)  parameter values in web dynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the parameter should be a WDA application parameter and not an OBM parameter. WDA Application parameters are immediately available in your application.