cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana Backup Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , we are on HANA Rev 74 and while taking backups we dont see the catalog file, should we be seeing one, also what happens if we dont have a catalog file .

The backup catalog is assigned a name in the following format:log_backup_0_0_0_0.<BackupID>

Thank you

Jonu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regenerate the backup catalog using below options. Your backup catalog was corrupted and should be generated. Note the new backup catalog will be generated based on your existing data and log files.

hdbbackupdiag --generate --dataDir --logDirs

generates a new backup catalog using data path given by --dataDir and log paths given by --logDirs options

The --generate option is intended for exceptional situations and file-based backups only. This option does not support storage snapshots or backups created using third-party tools.

If you use the --generate option, any information about data backups or log backups created using third-party tools will be lost from the newly generated backup catalog. It will then no longer be possible to use this information for a recovery.

follow below note -

1812057 - Reconstruction of the backup catalog using hdbbackupdiag

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Joy,

in order to solve you issue you  need to take the restart of the nameserver service. I have seen this issue in revesion 74 and the same has been corrected in revision 80.

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did your issue get resolved? We are having same issue. We are on HANA Rev 82 and using BACKINT to take the backup using DD Boost EMC third party tool.

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonu

Did you solve the error?

I am using a HANA BACKINT backup solution an gets a similar error when running hdbbackupdiag:

hdbbackupdiag --check --useBackintForCatalog --backintDataParamFile /usr/sap/DB7/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbconfig/DB7_sap_hana_ddbda.utl

ERROR: [110081] Catalog backup log_backup_0_0_0_0 not found

We are running HANA revision 91 and are using EMC data domain boost as BACKINT external backup solution.

Best regards

Tom Bo

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am also facing same problem? Is it because log_mode in OVERWRITE mode?

Thanks,

Mofizur

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jonu, try SAP Note 1812057 - Recovery of the backup catalog with hdbbackupdiag.

@Roger: have a look at SAP Note 1852242 - Confusion about file-based backup catalog naming and SAP Note 1812980 - Changes to the backup catalog as of Revision 45.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonu,

I guess you mean log backup files. In hana studio, go Admin -- Configuration -- global.ini --persistence -- base_pathlogbackup for their path. You should see the files under Linux. Also in Studio's backup catalog page, make sure you have checked the box 'show log backups'.

Regards

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger, its not the log backup files, i thought it would have been created with the backups as its the backup catalog needed for recovery .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry did you mean a list of all the backup files? Can you show me a screen shot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the error i get

aba0:/usr/sap/ABC/HDB00/backup/data>  hdbbackupdiag -d /usr/sap/ABC/HDB00/backup/data/

ERROR: [110081] Catalog backup log_backup_0_0_0_0 not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try

hdbbackupdiag -d /usr/sap/ABC/HDB00/backup/log/