cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TECO Status on WBS and PR edits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a WBS (CJ20N) that is currently in TECO status, but I want to edit a PR (ME52N). In other words, I want to be able to delete a PO line (trashcan) or change the funds to 0.  Please let me know how this can be done. Is it something I can configure and change or does it require a code change?

Thanks!

Daanicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daanicia,

It is to be understood that setting the TECO status shall mean that the project is closed from the

logistics point of view. (No changes to PR/PO)

As I understand, posting/transferring actual costs, assigning networks, prod. orders, CO orders to the WBS element are only possible with TECO status.

So kindly suggest your client to make any changes to PR before setting the TECO status.

Technically completed (TECO)

Use

You use this status for WBS elements that are completed from a technical point of view, but where you still expect costs to accrue.

The status allows

You from assigning networks, production orders or CO orders to the WBS element.

You to post actual costs

You to transfer actual costs

Regards

Varun

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for your replies.  Unfortunately, my client requires to have the ability to change a PR, de-obligate funds, or trashcan a PO line even if the associated WBS is in TECO status.  Please let me know how I can change this standard SAP feature.

Thanks,

Daanicia

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me know how I can change this standard SAP feature.

Std. SAP feature can not be changed. You should convince your business by telling them how std SAP behaves. Even if they don't agree then you please check with ABAPer whether it is possible or not.

I dont hink so but you can give it a try.

Regards

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Amit's reply, If it's a Project PR then you have to put TECO to close/setting deletion indicator on those PR's.Be noted that it will delete all reservations, capacity requirements or any other planned independent requirements in this way it will release cost from commitment to available and from Rem OrdPlan to available budget. And if you want to revoke the TECO (it would be revoked manually) and remove deletion indicator from PR/PO then you have to run program RLORD035 to remove deletion indicator from PR/PO etc. You will come to know the results and impacts only if you test it in the system.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your PR generated through CJ20N? then you wont be able to do the changes and if it is created manually then go as per saurabh's suggestion. Furthermore, have you done any GR? Then in that case you need to cancel it first.

and subsequently keep a check on commitment cost through CJI5.

Regards,

Amit

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If its a manual PR (ME51N) then you short close your PR and PO by flagging 'delivery completed' your PO line item and subsequently mark PR line item as 'closed' .

Before that,remove TECO status and then make the above mentioned changes.

Regards

Saurabh

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

project builder created PR can not be edit in ME52n Transaction, without any enhancement or z development. doesn't meter wbs is teco or unteco in this case.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daanicia,

Firstly remove the TECO from the WBS in CJ20N and then try to make changes in PR (ME52N) as per your requirement and after that you will be able to make changes in PO. This process does not required any configuration or code changes.

Regards

Shashank