cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making an Infographic Public on Cloud

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an infographic that I made that I want to make public. When I go to change the status to Public instead of Private on the Cloud I get a message (screenshot attached).

It says "Item Cannot be made public because it contains measures based on non-numeric dimensions".

Is there anything I can change to make it public? I would really like to be able to just share a link to others without them needing access to the cloud (my understanding is that this is possible now).

Isn't there a way I can just share the infographic without the attached dataset? Or someone to make data "numberic". I can't just remove the values that are non-numeric because they are essential to the infographic.

I'm using the latest version of Lumira personal edition.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are unable to make stories as public where a measure in the dataset is build on top of a non-numeric dimension (usually count aggregation).

If you remove these measures from your dataset you will be able to make the infographic public. If these are a count all, then I recommend to add a new column to the dataset that is a counter with value 1 for each row and use the visualization properties to filter and group by the value that you are interested in.

Christina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

This seemed to work quite easily. I was able to go into the Prepare tab and create a "New Calculated Dimension". Gave it a general name and then simply typed "1" into the Formula box. Didn't even have to go back into my datasource for adjustments.

Create the new dimension into a measure and replaced the non-numeric measures in the visualizations with the new measure. Then removed the non-numeric measures from the document and re-published to Cloud. Can now share publicly just fine.

Khuram

Answers (0)