cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement Exception Handling for soap to RFC sync interface...

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have an interface like soap to Rfc sync, already develepment is done and moved to production. but we are getting some quatitity is greater than item then it is throwing an error below. i want to handle that exception in XI level.

please guide i am not found any document for this type of interface.

Please suggest what can i do for this. Please share me the screen shot for this.

Error Log:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!--  Request Message Mapping

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="RFC_ADAPTER">APPLICATION_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">Z_DEPOT_DISPATCH.Exception</SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage>

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

<rfc:Z_DEPOT_DISPATCH.Exception xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"><Name>RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE</Name><Text>Delivery quantity is greater than target quantity 10.000 MT</Text><Message><ID>VL</ID><Number>363</Number></Message><Attributes><V1>10.000</V1><V2>MT</V2></Attributes></rfc:Z_DEPOT_DISPATCH.Exception>

Regards,

Kiran Polani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

I seen ur documents but those are proxy related interfaces. for proxies we need to create Abap Program, but here soap to rfc Program not required.

Soap to Rfc i think from xi we can handle easily with out going function Module program.

i am bit confused in mapping level from which fields i have to map.

Please do u have any doucments of SOAP to RFC execption handling.

Please share me.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My intention was to give you an idea on fault message usage by sharing couple of blogs which are already available.

Generally for RFC they(end system) will provide you the structure which contains request,response,fault .Ask them to add the fault structure in rfc and download it from ECC to PI.

@sender In data type add one more segment with few fields(as per your req Ex:Error desc,Error code...etc) and share the wsdl to source system folks so that they will write there code accordingly .

Regards

Venkat

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Polani,

You could consider another approach. If you want to skip problems which can dump in the ECC system, you can try with schema validation. As far as i know in PI 7.0 there isn't a standard way to validate a schema but you can find some java examples in the web. You could construct a module adapter for the sender (better option) or to do a java mapping (in error case avoiding call your RFC destination and calling for example a dummy one in PI).

Another option is to use a generic RFC (or proxy),  inside this RFC you call your target one, with all parameters like string and before to call the target RFC make the validations; in this way you can prepare your desired error messages easily.

Regards.

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This is clearly soap to rfc interface and we are using currently PI 7.0. This is a validation of BAPI, BAPI is not accepting the field of "Quantity is some value". The quatity is greater than the amount BAPI is throwing an error like "APPLICATION_ERROR". Is it possbile to validate in XI Level.

Soap --> XI--> BAPI(Request)

BAPI--> XI-->Soap(Response)( in this step what ever message return by bapi those error message not getting 3 rd party application).

here by catching that error and i should throw to 3rd party application.

is it possible to handle this or not.?

If it is possible in Fault Mapping/Fault message type please give me the steps or document for me.

I am new for fault mapping?

Please help me on this.

Regards,
Kiran Polani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go through below links for fault mapping creation steps.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/5946db5f693912e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kiran ,

plz chk the T-code in ECC:

ST22 ->ABAP Dump Analysis(Error in the ABAP Application Program).

u can try RFC Lookup conversion function in mapping.

Mutti.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

this is an application fault from the RFC module and cannot be solved in PI. At PI you might consider to alert / giving back the error reason to the sender (via a fault mapping).

The error msg says clearly that the value of target quantity should not be greater than the delivery quantity. This is therefore an issue to be directed to the sender of the message.

/Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the above error it seems it is clearly fault exception (application error not system error). Hope you have request ,response and fault mappings in PI .

I'm bit confused about your query .Do you want to handle this validation in PI instead of handling currently in end system ?

If yes then check with your ECC counterpart for logic they implemented based on that I hope you can easily handle it in PI .

Regards

Venkat