Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Order Cost in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have the following scenario:

An object link is setup between Item and PS Project (Link type 0RPMFIPROJECT)

A Maintenance Order (Plant Maintenance Order) is linked to a PS project, the PS project in turn is linked to the Item via the object link type mentioned above

'Actuals' and Commitments are incurred against PM order and in some cases actuals and commitments are incurred directly against the WBS of the PS Project

All actuals and commitments incurred directly (not via PM order) against WBS element of PS project is visible immediately on Item after roll-up (/RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING) takes place

My issue/question is the following:

The actuals of the PM order is only visible on the Item after settlement from PM order to PS project has taken place. No visibility of PM actuals costs before settlement and NO visibility of PM order commitments

I do not want to assign PM order seperately to Item. The PM order is "part of" the PS project

Is this standard/expected behaviour? We would like visibility of PM order actuals and commitments "immediately"

Thanks and regards,

Chatsworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi uncle Chatsworth,

As you expected actual cost and commitment values from the assigned PM orders should indeed be visible on the PPM Item as it gets taken into account for budget availability control.

We had the same problem after implementing SAP Note 1775336, please check if this has been applied to your system, if it has been then the solution will be implementing Note number 1864096.

Regards,

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francis,

This is exactly what I was looking for and has resolved our issue

Regards,

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francis,

This is exactly what I was looking for and has resolved our issue

Regards,

C

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I think this is standard behavior.

Compare the actual costs with standard PS reports like CJI3. If PM actuals are shown before settlement then you can raise it to SAP.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anuradha

The costs are visible in CJi3 even before settlement. However it is not in table RPSCO - so I guess this means it will not be considered for roll-up until settlement

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

As far as I know, 'Actual costs' are transferred to the item in all appended/non-appended orders and only 'Plan costs' are transferred in appended orders.

You may also check customization 'Maintain Settlement Behaviour' in Integration with other SAP components-->SAP PPM-->Portfolio Management.

Regards,

Ravi