cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how the TR and TO is created if all three materials going to different places in WM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am not very such about the following two questions and hope you can provide me accurate information.

If I have three materials in a PO and later perform a GR into storage location which is WM-enable, and the three materials are to put or to route to three different places (could be going to different storage type, or, going to different storage section, or even going to different storage bin), and I would like to know how SAP WM generate the TR and TO.

Questions:

1. Will the GR posting creating three  different Transfer Requirement docs or will it still combine into ONE TR?

2. Let's say if the above example does really create ONE TR and the system setup (storage type search seqeunce) is like above, and my question is if the TO creation for the TR will generate three different Transfer Order documents or One transfer order document?

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, the system will create a TR based on your material document (goods receipt for PO).
It will create one TR for your material document, with more than one item.

When the system creates the TR, you can "convert" it to TO, and your TO should have more than 1 item, so it will be 1 TO by default, but for more than one item.

So your last picture would be OK if you only corrected that 3 green TO labels would say:
TO #1 item #1
TO #1 item #2
TO #1 item #3

Regards,
Mihailo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As suggested by Mihailo, your TR will have three line item and you can generate one TO with multiple line item but you can influence the TO generation by defining the split profile to create one or multiple Transfer order to divide the work load. Please refer the below mentioned SAP help link to get more idea about the Split and related detail

Transfer Order Split - Warehouse Management Guide - SAP Library

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

On doing the GR, only single TR will be created. The TR moves the stock to the interim storage area 902.

Next, when you convert this TR into TO with LT04, the settings from configurations and material master are taken into account and accordingly there will be just one Transfer Order created with 3 line items.

There is a setting in the configurations of warehouse movement type - Screen Control. There for the movement type 101, the default setting is '1'.

If you have that set up, then it will be always one TO with 3 line items.

The TO has the information on the destination st. type/bin, which in this case is different for the three materials, so, there should be 3 different line items in the TO.

Regards,

Sushant