cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Unit of Measure to Sales Unit Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are selling material in MT and all other transactions in MM and Production are in MT only.

Now client wants material to be sold in Meters, also in some cases the same material will be sold in MT also.

(As per my knowledge generally if the conversion is one to one i.e. base unit of measure is pieces and Sales unit of measure will be boxes and

1 box = 10 pieces can be maintained in material master.)

Here for conversion between Metric tonne to Meters there is formula involved so how and where this conversion needs to maintained in system.

How to map this type of scenario.

What all activities needs to be done from SD side and which other modules need to be involved this process.

Note: SAP is installed for more than 3 years now.

Hope i clear enough.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how and where this conversion needs to maintained in system.

Ask your client how many metric tonnes would be equal to one meter based on their business process.  Based on that you maintain the same in Additional Data of that material master.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Actually for the conversion there is a formula. There is no direct conversion.

Regards,

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the formula ?

Can you give an example ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi following is the formula.

OD = Outer diameter, thickness, length, Number of tubes are maintained in sales order charateristics during sales order creation.

ODThicknessWeight in Kgs / Mlength of tubeNos of tubesTotal length in MtrsRate / MTRate / Mtr
A X = (A-B)*B*0.02456'LNT= L xN/1000RM=R/1000*X

Regards,