cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat sending alerts in Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When using CCMS, I can use ALM (alert management) tcodes ALRTCATDEF to repeat sending an alert from CCMS how many number of times as defined by me.  In solman 7.1, I could not find a parameter or configuration to do the same.  Does anyone know if it is possible in solman 7.1 MAI or any workarounds?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

i know about alert management and am using it currently with CCMS.  My question is (1) how to tie with new monitoring alert with solman 7.1 or (2) solman 7.1 has built in functionality to do the same thing or (3) alert management is decoupled from solman 7.1 and cannot be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your solman version? this is for Solman 7.1 SP10

MAI_TOOLS ->Open Webdynpro Tools->an URL gets opens->opt for Technical monioting->
inside System Monitoring -> select the required system and click on system monitoring ->start new window ->click on alerts->new window opens -> and you can see a button -> create notification -> you can resend the alert to required person.

Or you can reach the same via SM_workcenter -> opt for Technical monioting->

inside System Monitoring -> select the required system and click on system monitoring ->start new window ->click on alerts->new window opens -> and you can see a button -> create notification -> you can resend the alert to required person.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Solman 7.1 SP11.  I need the alert to automatically resend to the same receipient instead of creating manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiple notification - With multiple notification the recipients receive several notifications for the same alert, if the alert is not confirmed. The recipients are notified as often as is specified in transaction ALRTCATDEF Properties tab Maximum number of deliveries. The time interval depends on the report execution interval

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i will need to manually create a notification first?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Solman 7.1 SP 10 we are usuing MAI_TOOLS

The End-to-End Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure (MAI) contains a lot of analysis tools for error handling.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp10/helpdata/en/d4/5d8afe9f104fd98bb4fbb4b8cb4c2f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in that tcode, but I don't see anything remotely similar?  Can you give a short example how you can send an alert about a abap or java system down multiple times, assuming you have already configured technical monitoring and received an email alert?