cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Basis/Abap components with diff Version inEnterprise Service Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have PI 7.4 system in our environment, when i check content in ESR, i have found different versions components as below.

SAP ABA  7.30

SAP BASIS 7.02 & SAP BASIS 7.40

I would like to know, since system is 7.4 version, do I need to maintain SAP ABA & Basis with 7.4 content only. Would there be any impact on developments/Models which are done using above version of ESR Content if I upload 7.40 Version content.

If I am not wrong developments/Models done with above versions would work with 7.40 too, but keen on to know what would be impact if I upload

7.40 Content in system.

Is there any possibility migrate developments/models/object to *tpz from above versions to 7.40 , if required.

I have checked SAP Note 1632370 - Maintenance of ESR Content (XI Content),SAP Note 1865292 - SAP NetWeaver 7.4: Import of ESR-Content,

and also link Importing ESR Content - Configuring Process Integration (PI) After Installation - SAP Library

still i dont see any information related to PI 7.4

SAP Note 1632370 has attachment where it only provides 7.30 version related ESR information.

Regards

ks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

giri_dharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi KS,

The below SAP Note explains well, what you need to do with PI 7.4 for ESR

1637955 - Unpacking PI ESR Content for SAP BASIS 7.3x and 7.4

Regards,

Giridharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giridharan,

Thanks for reply.

I have gone through sap note 1868799 - SAP Basis ESR content versions after PI upgrade had clarified my questions.

1. There is no issue with seeing multiple versions of the SAP Basis content in the ESR or in the Integration Builder.
  2. The Communication Channels will continue to work as normal using the old SAP Basis version.
  3. The SAP Basis content contains the Adapter Metadata.
  4. New adapter features are delivered with this Adapter Metadata.
  5. If you have no business requirement to use any new features, then you don't need to make any changes to the existing channel configurations.
  6. If you do have a requirement to use any new features, then you will need to change from the pre-upgrade version to the new PI version.
  7. New channels can use either the older SAP Basis versions or the new SAP Basis version (it makes more sense to use the newer version).

Regards

sk

Answers (0)