cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessLogicException - Steplet class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working on SAP Work Manager 6.0 and customizing the notification add transaction to add a new field.

As per enhancement guide, I've extended steplet, stephandler, BAPI and object class, Also added parameters in config portal.

In the Agentry application notification post step, I've changed the value so that it's pointing to the new steplet class.

When I run the application with new changes, I'm getting the below Java Exception.

throwExceptionToClient::begin

2014/06/24 16:20:23.705:             + User=cg-abhishekw

2014/06/24 16:20:23.705:               throwExceptionToClient::com.syclo.sap.component.tpc.lam.notification.Steplet.NotificationPostSteplet::throwExceptionToClient::115::NotificationPostSteplet -

2014/06/24 16:20:23.707:           + BackEnd=Java-1

2014/06/24 16:20:23.707:             : 1 lines, 1 non-printing characters, 257 total characters

Exception while running transaction update step for step '': Java Business Logic Error: com.syclo.agentry.BusinessLogicException: NotificationPostSteplet -  in V tNativeObjectReference at d:\syclo_buildbot\6.1\syclo\ag3\agent\javabe\AgentryJavaSteplet.h:298

I'm not able to debug the Extended steplet class as control is directly going in steplet superclass where it throws this exception.

Can you please help here.

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Let me know the version of Agentry and brief me about the steps you used in creation of new steplet also tell me why specifically you went for creation of a new steplet, what feature are you looking for?

Would be able to help you better.

Thanks&Regards,

Shitanshu Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue is resolved, There's some code issue in Object class, Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Can you please share the solution, even i am getting error in my BAPI when trying to retrieve getobject.

hread###throwExceptionToClient::com.syclo.sap.component.notification.steplet.NotificationPostSteplet::throwExceptionToClient::9503::NotificationPostSteplet - Problem retrieving JCO.Function object in createFunction(/SMERP/PM_DONOTIFICATION_CRT): while trying to invoke the method com.syclo.sap.customer.component.Notification.object.ZNotification.getPlannerGroup() of a null object loaded from field com.syclo.sap.customer.component.Notification.bapi.ZNotificationPostBAPI._notification of an object loaded from local variable 'this' |

Kindly let me know how can i resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Madhur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Did you remember to change your classpath in config panel/Agentry.ini to add your new class location?  Bounce the server after doing this.

Does your new steplet run that you set up in the editor?  If not, then the class name is bad in the editor.  If it does run, you should be able to debug to the point of the crash to see where it is happening.  Most likely a bad config panel parameter pointing to one of your new classes used by one of the factory create routines.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Yes, I've added the JAR file in classpath section and also restarted the server.

I'm not sure whether new steplet is running or not, I've set a breakpoint in new steplet but control is directly going in steplet super class where it throws this exception.

I've done the required configuration in config panel and also changed the step definition where Java class is pointing to a new steplet.

Attaching all the screenshots for your reference.

Anything else i need to do? Not sure why debugging control is not going inside this new steplet class.

Need your suggestions.

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Few things I have observed here.

1. Seems Factory create routines are not able to find STEPHANDLER entry from configpanel as if i change STEPHANDLER entry pointing to the old stephandler class then everything works fine.

Entry in config panel is correct for stephandler class, Don't know what's wrong here.

2.  I've set the proper environment for Java debugging like adding nonStandardJavaOptions entry, Eclipse remote debugging settings etc. still I'm not able to debug the java classes, If there is any exception then only java debugging works as remote java debugging popup comes.

Can you suggest anything based on these observations.

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

From the screen shots above it doesn't  look like your  config parameters are pointing to  your newly extended custom java steplet.   Make sure that your  config parameters are right, java class is right and custom jar files are  deployed correctly.

if control is not stoping at specified break point in your new Java  code that means new steplet is not invoked.

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, from the screenshots you are extending a class used for linear asset management? Is this your intention?

The regular class path is com.syclo.sap.component.Notification etc.

Regards Merten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

See the first screenshot, I've changed the Java step for NotificationPost which is pointing to new steplet class. I don't find any entry for STEPLET in config panel, I think we need to maintain steplet entry in agentry application and not in config panel.

Also, Do I need to extend the Steplet class because steplet class is calling the factory routines which checks for stephandler entry in config panel.

To customize the transaction I think we only need to extend stephandler, sapobject and bapi class and maintain the entries in config panel which I've already done.

Can you please give your inputs on this.

Regards,

Abhishek

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

What version of Agentry are you using?  Why did you even need to create a new steplet?  The point of the stephandler factory was so you wouldn't need a new steplet, and the new stephandler would run based on the config parameter change without needing to change any steplet code.  Maybe something is wrong in the way you created it.  Can you post your new steplet code?  What is different between your new steplet and the old one?

com.syclo.sap.component.tpc.lam.notification.Steplet.NotificationPostSteplet

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP