cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data replication for Customer and supplier is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we have Business partner(customer and supplier) configured in MDG 6.1.

we would like to replicate this data into ECC/SRM system via Idocs (whenver a creation and update occurs).

Can anyone suggest the steps to configure replication for Customers and Suppliers to a ECC/SRM system (as both are sap products i would assume that steps would remain the same )

Please help me in understanding this concept.

Kind Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes you can replicate data from MDG to ECC via Idocs as soon as customer or vendor got created.

For these you need to :

1. Define Business system (Make sure RFC is working in SM59) and assign BO Type to it.(147 for Business partner, 266 for supplier and 159 for customer) and assign communication channel as 'Replication via Idoc'.

2. Create Replication Model, in these use outbound implementation as 986_4 for vendor and 986_5    for customer and assign target(Business system) system where you want to replicate data and activate it.

3. Create port for target system.(WE21)

4.Create Partner Type (Logical system) of server where you want to send data and assign Message type to it(CREMAS for vendor and DEBMAS for customer) in outbound parameters in source system. Inside these give port which you have created above and basic type of idoc. Same you need to do in target system but in inbound parameters.

5. Create Distribution Model in BD64 and generate the profile and distribute.

After doing all these setup you can check the same from tc 'Drfout' where you just have to provide filter criteria which you wish to replicate .

Best Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir Wakodikar,

Thanks for detailed explanation.

when i googled the documets for this configuration all i found is about Suppler. Does this mean that customer DRF is not available predefined like supplier?

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Customer is also available as a standard like supplier.

just use BO type and outbound implementation of customer as I have explained above.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir Wakodikar,

My source is ECC and target is SRM.

For me ALE means following steps.

in sending system i.e ECC..

sale tcode

Define logical systems (ECC200SEND  & SRM500RECV )

Add clients to log systems.. (Ideally i should see the SRM client which i should assign it to Receiving logical system am i right???)

Follows by RFC destination(SRM500RECV) and Partner profiles generation.

In receiving system i.e SRM

SALE tcode

RFC destination (ECC200SEND)and Partner profile generation.

Did i miss any step here ?

For MDG i believe i need to config All the above.

Please see my comments below on your steps..

1. Define Business system (Make sure RFC is working in SM59) and assign BO Type to it.(147 for Business partner, 266 for supplier and 159 for customer) and assign communication channel as 'Replication via Idoc'.

<John> what do you mean by business system here, i would assume this should be my SRM system logical name that i defined above (SRM500RECV ).

2. Create Replication Model, in these use outbound implementation as 986_4 for vendor and 986_5    for customer and assign target(Business system) system where you want to replicate data and activate it.

<John> i'm clear with this step, you can do this in Tcode DRFIMG-> Define Replication Model.

Here target system = my SRM system logical name that i defined above (SRM500RECV ) , am i right?

3. Create port for target system.(WE21)

<John> in my source system(where MDG is) i've accessed we21 and created a TRFC port with the name of my target system( GSRM ), here i provided the RFC Dest (SRM500RECV )that i created  earlier in my ALE steps above.

Is this correct?

Also, Should i need to create a port 'in' my target system as well i.e in SRM system?

4.Create Partner Type (Logical system) of server where you want to send data and assign Message type to it(CREMAS for vendor and DEBMAS for customer) in outbound parameters in source system. Inside these give port which you have created above and basic type of idoc. Same you need to do in target system but in inbound parameters.

<John> Can you please let me know In which Tcode should i perform this action.

<John> Yes i got that.

It will be really help full for me if you can answer these questions.

Regards

John

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

the easiest way would be:

http://help.sap.com/MDG -> choose your MDG release -> follow the links to the related configuration guides. Those will guide you step-by-step through the process.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am not having that much idea about sale tc but when you replicate data from MDG to other box you don't need to do these sale tc setting.

For your questions regarding MDG please find my comments serial wise.

1. Business system means that system where you want to replicate data. yes, in your case it will be      SRM500RECV.

2. Yes john, you are right. here target system is your SRM System.

3. yes you are right and you don't need to create in destination system.

4. These step you can do by TC WE20, these step you need to do in both server, Source and       Destination.

I hope these will answers all your query 🙂

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Many thanks for the detailed explanation and apologies for a long message.

One last query about the last step..

here when im in BD64 (Source system),

1)created a model view.

2)added message type to this model view specifying sender and receiver logical names.

3)edit->model view-> Transport

4)Environment->Generate partner profiles (receiving system name)

5)edit-> model view-> Distribute

Are these steps correct?

Not sure if step 3 is required or not, can you assess this?

In target system(my SRM system)

1)edit->model view-> Transport

2)Environment->Generate partner profiles (receiving system name)

Are these steps correct?

Not sure if i have to do this in target system, can you assess this?

Please help.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Your steps are correct but you don't need to do step 3.edit->model view-> Transport

In target system also no need of edit->model view-> Transport, directly generate partner profile.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers.

Many thanks for helping me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers.... Enjoy !!!!!!!

Regards,

Sudhir

Answers (0)