Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Replication Basics missing

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Im on MDG 6.1.

when i go through the blogs and forums i understood that data replication can be configured by

Step 1)

Perform ALE settings.

step 2)

in DRFIMG

- define o/b implementation

-define replication model (attach the o/b implementation here)

step 3)

in MDGIMG

-when you define business activity you mention the o/b implementation that you created above under "BOType" column.

is this all or did i miss anything else?

i have read in a forum that you also need to mention in BRF+ ->NON user agent step->Pattern 04 -> Data Replication.

does this mean if i dont mention this step in BRF+ the replication will not work??

by doing all the above does a create and a change will be replicated as and when they are occured?

Are these the same steps to execute replication for all reuse objects or do they differ?

Please help.

Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eva

There is a configuration doc available on SCN for data replication. Follow all the steps. It is not necessary to configure BRF+ for data replication. Without that replication will work.

Kiran

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

While configuring Data replication, Can i know in what cases we should use BRF+ -> Pattern 04 -> Data Replication(Non User Agent Step) and in what cases we should not use this???

From the previous post i understood that Data replication works "without" a non user agent step in BRF+ (Pattern 04 -> Data Replication).

i.e Approvals->Activation->Complete ->Triggers Data replication automatically??

Please, Can any expert answer my two questions above.

Regards

Eva

0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Agent determination is something which you can achieve with the help of BRF Plus or Workflow. After the Agent determination step gets executed, your change request gets an approved based upon the agent assignment.

After doing this level of approvals, your objects get activated & then your Data Replication Framework triggers to replicate the data automatically (We need to configure accordingly).

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be im not clear on what im asking.

Just wanted to know..

in what requirement scenarios should i use BRF+ -> Pattern 04 -> Data Replication(Non User Agent Step) ??

Regards

Eva

0 Kudos

Hi Eve,

First of all BRF plus is not required for your replication setup.

You can use the BRF Plus for doing your derivations, validations on UI along with the agent determination from decision table which you will define in BRF+.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for confirming that.

Its clear that BRF+ is not part of Data replication configuration steps.

Im a bit curies to know when do you use the BRF+ -> Pattern 04 -> Data Replication(Non User Agent Step).

Did any experts used this step in BRF+ for any reason in your projects.If so why ?

Regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Data Replication step in BRF+ is meant to trigger the replication immediately. Without it, you have to schedule DRFOUT to run regularly.