cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.3 Bookmark functions are missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed DS 1.3 on several computers and tried to set up the bookmarking possibilites. If I type in script editor "bookmark" and try to select a function like ".loadBookmark()" via CTRL + SPACE, then it shows no functions.

With all other objects like dropdowns I can choose the functions related to the component except the bookmarking.

It seems that libraries are missing or gone lost during installing Release 1.3.

Are there some equal experiences or solutions?

best regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The global object for all bookmarking stuff is written Uppercase.

If I type bookmark. and press Ctrl-Space, nothing happens.

If I type Bookmark. and press Ctrl-Space, I see the functions.

You can also type "b" (without quotes) and you should see "Bookmark" as proposal. Accepting it replaces the lowercase "b" with "Bookmark". Then you can proceed pressing Ctrl+Space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answers.

Surely, I typed in Bookmark correctly. With CTRL SPACE "bookmark" is automatically corrected to Bookmark.

I have new information...

If open DS locally, I can see and use the Bookmark functions with CTRL SPACE, but if I start DS based on SAP NW, I can not see them.

Also If I open DS on SAP NW there is a warning "preprequisites check".

"The following prequeseits have not been met. This can prevent the design tool from functioning correctly:

-Design Studio extensions are generally supported, but the support has not been installed on the server yet.

As a coneqeuence, you will not be able to use Design Studio extensions durcing server execution.

On our BO Server we deployed the services again without positive result.

Reiner, is this a hint to solve the problem or another thing? I think you could help me most.

Our base team said, this warning is not relevant for the issue ... they will check it in some days.

BTW. I also joined the last DS Partner Test.

best regards,

Martin

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, Bookmarks are not yet supported with NetWeaver platform. Thus the functions are filtered out.

What the error message means, I have explained in another thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, now I understand. Thx

Are there plans to implement it for the next release?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is currently being developed. But I can't tell you in which release / SP it will be shipped.

vinay_hegde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Is Bookmark works on HANA?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not on native HANA deployment. Of course bookmarks work in BIP-mode - if you have HANA data sources.

vinay_hegde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Got it .Thanks a lot 🙂

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I recommend creating an app with the Ad Hoc Analysis template and looking at how SAP uses the bookmark functionality in that solution as a sample/start; the bookmark functionality works in the ad hoc analysis template.

Tammy