cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to Agentry.db?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have exported the Agentry.db from the WPF client and want to connect to it using Sybase Central.

Whatever connection parameters I try, it keeps telling me that the 'Specified database is invalid'. I have to assume this is due to an incorrect userID and/or password, clearly it is not the default dba/sql combination.

Does anybody know how I can connect to the Agentry.db?

Regards,
Edwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Edwin,

What are you hoping to do with the database?   While it is a database, the contents are not stored as traditional row column data that you would be able to interpet without knowing the inner workings.  Also, depending on the client configuration the database may b encrypted which will also prevent you from accessing it.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I have tried using the ATE, but that tool is just too buggy, and you can't simulate the app navigation and how the data is presented within the app.

While busy developing a new Agentry app I rather use the WPF or DotNET client to simulate the app with data, hoping I could use Sybase Central or other tools to check agentry.db and its contents.

Do you perhaps know of other (better) ways to achieve this?

Regards,
Edwin

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When developing for the newer platforms I use a combination of the ATE and the actual clients for testing.   I still use the ATE to verify DT and CT data along with Object data downloaded via my fetches.

I use the acutal clients to then test field layouts and navigation changes.

If needed I may add some temporary actions / buttons to aid navigation in the ATE to allow me to debug certain rules and actions depending on the situations.

I do not go into the agentry.db at all besides not being able to understand the way the data is stored I don't see a reason to be in there plus that is internal to the client and subject to change.

I hope this helps!

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bill, that does help indeed!

Regards,

Edwin

Answers (0)