cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location wise tax determination is required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to determine the tax condition based on "Storage Location (LGORT)" field in the sales order and subsequently in billing. I have completed all related customizations and maintained condition records in the new condition table which is with "Storage Location".

Till this point everything is ok.

But the actual problem I am facing when everything (Customization-Condition Record - Storage location in sales order) is properly in place but system does not determine the tax condition record for tax. As I analysed the sales order pricing it shows that "Storage Location" is missing. When storage location is maintained in sales order line system should not show this message.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Umesh Tambe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are you getting in the pricing analysis.

Is condition record is found by the system

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

In the analysis storage location field is shows as missing although it is properly maintained in the line item level of sales order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh,

The Reason is clear that in the document the system is not getting the field in condition record.

and hence system is unable to derive  the value of the record.

Usually the after redetermine the Price as well as taxes system should redeterrmine taxes.

Try Pricing type     G:     Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes

Regards,

Rohit Dongre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Issue is resolved ....

Actually it is solved by upgrading support level component,

Component : SAP_APPL (Logistics and Accounting)

Upgraded to new level i.e. 0022 from and existing level 0015

--------------

I could find out the above solution because storage location wise tax determination was possible in one of our client's server but for another client's server it was not possible. When I compared the support level component there was difference, level was 0015 for client which had issue and level was 0022  where it was working smoothly.

You will need help of basis team to upgrade the support level component.

-------------

Thanks for sharing your valuable time.

Regards,

Umesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Umesh,

Are you entering the Storage Location manually in Sales Order?

If yes, then you will have to redetermine the Pricing or atleast the Taxes to get the Tax Condition based on Storage Location. There is a certain number is Price sensitive fields which when change redetermines the Prices automatically. But when it comes to Storage Location I think manual entry will not trigger redetermination of Prices.

Also what is the Business justification to have a Tax Condition based on Storage Location and not Plant?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 I have completed all related customizations and maintained condition records

Not sure, how you have achieved this.  Pricing routine, user exit etc.???

But I have one question here.  Let us imagine, in a sale order, you have multiple line items with same storage location but ship to for one line item is different.  Here, ideally your logic should not work.  Will such scenario comes, how are going to address?

G. Lakshmipathi

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard, Storage location is not determined automatically at Sales order level. to determine at order level, need to go for enhancement.

This is the reason in your  case system is not determining the Tax condition type in sales order.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu,

Though automatic determination is not happening; but when we maintain it manually then it must determine.

Thanks,

Umesh

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umesh,

Have you tried in Sales order->Condition tab->Update button-> try with B or G

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu,

Yes I did that too.

Umesh

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Just for testing...after adding the storage location, change the quantity and check the tax calculation. The change in quantity, plant, PY etc., will trigger the repricing.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umesh,

In that case, as per my knowledge i don't see any other alternative but to first you need to develop the enhancement to determine the storage location automatically at order level.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

I have tested as you recommended but it doesn't work.

Dear Srinu,

Auto determination of storage loc is not required as user maintaining it manually because its not their business requirement.

Thanks lot both for quick replies to the queries but still hoping for the best result..

Umesh