cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Enhancement Tabs to be made mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have WBS Customet enhancement tab wherein I want to make them madatory, and system should give error while saving.

Can anyone help me?

Deepak M Pitale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try validation rule for project def with check rule: zxxx<>blank, if blank, throw error message. This will not allow you to save project if the zfields are blank.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

if we are using custom fields via Field Key in WBS so this will be controlled via Tcode-OPUK (Field Selection).

if you are using custom field via user exit than you have to control fields via ABAP coding.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sourabh, Sunil,

Yes, you are right. I have WBS Customer Enhancement tab created sometime back during impletation time and there are some fields created (starting with Z, for example Zxxxx). Now our client wants these field to be made madatory.

I tried with option OPUK when this requirment came to me but these Z field are not appearing for option to make it mandatoty. My ABAPer is asking me if there is may BADI, BAPI or user exit that can be used. I suggested him to check CNEX0007 but I am note sure about this.

How can I get this done?

By the way thank you all for quick response, but it will be great if get the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Deepak M Pitale

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check CNEX0006 & CNEX0007 both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil, let me check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

I checked with BAPAer,

CNEX0006 is for Customer Specific fields for Project Definition

and

CNEX0007 is for WBS element.

My requirment is when I am Project Definition screen and if details are not maintained in Cust Enhancement Tab fields (Z field) it should not allow me to save the project, instead it should give me error message.

Any idea, how to get this done?

I know this should be done by ABAPer but he is seeking my help to check if user exit or BADI can be used...

Deepak M Pitale

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I would suggest you to go with screen and transaction variant as I suggested in this post above.

Search in SCN on it  (SHD0) you will resolve your issue with it I believe.

Check the following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a070bfbb-d34a-2d10-b092-ecbe0b0d4...

Thanks

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If any customer enhancement already exist in system then why ABAPer is asking about it he unable to generate issue for you.

GOTO se16 and give table name as MODACT and give project name in the selection criteria . U will get all the user-exits which you desired

OR

you can search also existed user exit by SMOD & CMOD transaction.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, If you want to go with user-exit option then check the following exits:

1. CNEX0009 -- EXIT_SAPLCOMK_001
      Use this exit while processing materials from the network orders.

2. CNEX0011 -- EXIT_SAPLCOMK_002
      With this user exit, you can modify the quantity of the BOM items which are exploded at the BOM explosion
in the network screens.
      This exit will export STPOX_TAB table which is the structure of the BOM items.

3. CNEX0014 -- EXIT_SAPLCN10_001
      The user exit can be activated when you want to transfer BOM items from external systems.
      If the exit is active then the indicator for the takeover of external data in the initial screen of the interface like
CN33 should be set active.
      In return, a table with the extended structure of the BOM items (STPOX) is expected.

4. CNEX0015 -- EXIT_SAPLCN10_002
      This exit can be used to change BOM data for BOM transfer.
      If this user exit is called, then a function module is called after the BOM explosion. This function module
receives a structure with fields from the initial screen (RCNIP01) as well as the table of selected Bill of
materials items (STPOX).
      The changed table can be returned to the calling program for further processing.

5. CNEX0026 -- EXIT_SAPLCOMK_005
      This user exit is used to check if there are any changes done to the material component in the component
overview screen or the details screen of the material component.
      Please note that this user exit is called only during the change in component overview screen or
component detail screen.  In other words this exit cannot be called if for an example the network order header
changes which involved in the material component change during release or scheduling etc.,

6. CNEX0034 -- EXIT_SAPLCN10_003
      This user exit is used to check if a new assignment is allowed for the network activity during BOM transfer
to PS (CN33).

7. CNEX0035 -- EXIT_SAPLCN10_004
      This user exit is used to check if a change to an existing assignment is allowed for the network activity
during BOM transfer to PS (CN33).

8. CNEX0036 -- EXIT_SAPLCN10_005
      This user exit is used to check if any existing assignment can be deleted during BOM transfer to PS
(CN33).

9. CNEX0037 -- EXIT_SAPLCOMK_011
      This user exit can be called during creation of new material component to the network activity.

10. CNEX0038 -- EXIT_SAPLCOMK_012
      This user exit can be called during change of material component.

11. CNEX0038 -- EXIT_SAPLCOMK_013
      This user exit can be called during deletion of material component.

12. CNEX0040 -- Source determination of the network
      This user exit is used to activate the source determination of the network.

13. CNEX0041 -- EXIT_SAPLCOZF_004
               -- EXIT_SAPLCOZF_005
      This exit is used to influence the date of price simulation when you specify a Purchasing Info Record for an
activity/element or for a component.

14. CNEX0042 -- EXIT_SAPLCN10_006
      This user exit is used to control the generation of preliminary requirements for the top level BOM item
during multi-level BOM explosion.

Regards

Saurabh

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use the BAdI [PROJECTDEF_UPDATE] may be this is the solution for you.

or you can try Validation or substitution too because these are used while saving project.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what I understood from your query is that you have a customer tab in WBS and you want to make one or few fields as mandatory. Am I right?

If its a user defined field or standard field then check in OPUK and mark it as required entry.

Or

You can use screen and transaction variant option (SHD0) also to mark this field as mandatory.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean Z fields in Customer Enhancement tab to be made madatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Your query is not clear. Please provide some screen shots.?

what I understood is that you want to hide/display some fields through OPUK.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some user defined filed in WBS. You can mark as mandatory in OPUK tcode for your Project Profile.