Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. Fiori pages - HANA XS

arun_santhanam3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

just a quick questions. If we propose a Fiori solution to some one who already have HANA XS in their Environment then where the UI5 compoenents needs to be deployed. Does Web Dispatcher will hold all UI5 components (web pages)? can any one detail me on ths?

I verified the below URL Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with SAP HANA XS - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape - SAP Lib... for reference.

Thanks

-Arun

cc: Babu Ganesh V Masayuki Sekihara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

babu_ganeshv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If the app that you are building does not require the ABAP stack at all(Eg: Analytics), then the odata service can be published in the XS server as a Hana Repository and consumed in your fiori application

Best Regards

Babu

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

arun_santhanam3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa & Babu,

With respect to the architecture avaialble in Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with SAP HANA XS - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape - SAP Lib...

Below are some points that need clarification could you pls.

a) I don't see any connectivity from ABAP front end Server to HANA XS  For consuming the OData service. How Fiori can connect to HANA XS.

b) Fiori launch pad is placed in the ABAP front end server does that means i cannot use the Friori launch pad to include he HANA related applications.

c)  I can see only an HTTPS(OData) connection from Web Dispatcher to HANA XS then how does the UI pages are getting displayed to end users.

Thanks

-Arun

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Here are runtime steps.

1. User calls launchpad (Frontend server)

2. User selects a tile on launchpad (Frontend server)

3. App is launched and OData is called to backend (Frontend server)

4. Based on the OData URI, (Web Dispatcher)

Analytically Apps - Web dispatcher dispatched the call to XS engine. (HANA XS)

Transnational Apps - Web dispatcher dispatched the call to Gateway server (Gateway)

Regards, Masa

liang_wang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Sekihara,

Do you have details about step 4? How to configure web dispatcher to direct HTTP request based on OData URI?

I am configuring Fiori Smart Business landscape and meet similar issue.

Thanks.

FlorianBaehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there a how to guide or something??

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

UI components are in ABAP Frontend server(Gateway).

Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with SAP HANA XS - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape - SAP Lib...

Regards, Masa