cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a Calendar next to Valid From in MDG-F edition create screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a drop down in the valid from box in Edition create screen. As you create a new edition, you click on valid from, you will see a Calendar that pops up allowing you to pick a date as a valid from date. How can we make a 2014 or 2015 calendar available in the drop down?

And valid from date can be also period dependant. How can we make a period based calendar availalble in the drop down?

Thanks,

LUO 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

Go to your edition configuration. In that you have option - Validity of Edition - Here you have 2 options. Date specific and period specific. Choose period specific and then give your Fiscal year variant. With this you will able to view the periods in edition.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

So I selected "Date Specific" and saved it. However a calendar shown below is still not displaying in "Valid from date". I was expecting to see the calendar so that i can pick a date from. Could you provide more info about adding and displaying a calendar?

Thanks for your help,

Luo

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

The calender is showing valid from date only. The valid-to-date is calculated automatically based on number of editions. By default its 9999. If you release the edition and create new edition, your to-date will change.

You can select the from date from the calender. For CC / PC use date specific edition and not period specific.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran - the information you provided is helpful. Can you give a specfic sample of how To Date is calculated as new edition is released?

And how "To date" is calculated for those change objects that got replicated into ECC without going through "Edition release"? this is an option to handle ah hoc request. right?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See http://scn.sap.com/thread/3576485. Please don't ask the same question in several threads. That's a little confusing for all of us. 🙂