cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS is across WAN witha Dev/DR site and a PRD site - Upgrades slow due to a lot of WAN traffic

0 Kudos

Our TMS is divided between our Dev/DR site, domain controller is our DV1 system, and our "home" production site with the WAN connecting them and that is working fine for us. Our NFS mounted drive is located at our home site. When we would do upgrades we would use a special "EPS/in" directory that is local to the Dev/DR site and this worked well until recently when it appears there is a lot of data being written to /usr/sap/trans/tmp and /usr/sap/trans/log and the upgrade blogs down to a crawl.  Any ideas as to what we can do?? I saw a similar question but none of the answers would really work for us, our systems include a Unix Database server and Linux application servers.   Any help will be appreciated!   Thank You, Jim Wells

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create local transport directories for each system. This way you will not have performance issues.

This is concept of Transport groups in TMS. More information is available on below help link.

Transport Management System - Concept (SAP Library - Change and Transport System - Overview (BC-CTS)...

Thanks

Imtiaz Karedia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

You can create 2 separate transport groups one for your DEV site and one for DR Site.

Once you have done this TMS system will ask you to replicate transport files manually and this will make process fast.

Please let me know is there anything I can help you with.

Thank you

Yogesh

0 Kudos

I want to thank you all so much!!  Now, due to time constraints, I may not get to make any changes for a few months but when I get a chance I plan to bring our TMS system into the 21st century because of what I have learned from you!  

Thanks Again,   Jim Wells

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your response. I am happy that you resolve issue and learned from SCN community we are all #bigteam Can you please mark this question as answered please?

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have both the systems in different data center and have common transport directory for both these systems (If i understood it correctly), Then these type of configurations are not recommended by SAP due to performance issues.

If you have both the servers in different datacenters then these issues are expected.

Create local drives and use seperate transport directories which can give you better performance.

Regards,

Nick Loy