Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while activating Inbound Delivery Notification

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created and Inbound delivery in ERP, the material is batch managed and packed with HU. Once saved on ERP system, I find the Inbound Delivery Notification in SCM EWM system with HU, material and batch number appearing. Up to this point all good.

However, when I am trying to hit the button 'Activate' so that I can create Inbound delivery, system comes up with error message - 'Please specify an external number range' (message NR753) I have no idea where it's coming from.

For further information - I am using standard Doc Type INB with Doc Cat. PDI and it's assigned with an Internal Number Range.

What's missing?

I help will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Also, check if you have maintained external number range for HUID - A to ZZZZZZZZZZZZ (X) .If this is maintained, it will create HU with any apha numeric HU created externally (i.e. ECC) during ID creation. May be, this is not maintained in your case that is why it is giving error 'Please specify an external number range' during ID creation.

Also check if the Batch created in ECC is CIFed to EWM or not.

Regards,

Virendra

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra,

You have pointed to the right direction. Basically, without checking for the posts here, which are really helpful, I went to system one more time only to find that I have made a configuration error. I am just sharing if anyone else in future faces same situation, he/she can be benefited out of it.

In EWM system - I had created number range with transaction SNRO for object /SCWM/SSCC putting 01 (from 1 - 1999999) as internal and 02 (from 2000000 - 2999999) as external number range.

In EWM system - I had assigned the number range in following place:

Extended Warehouse Management > Cross Process Settings > Handling Units > External Identification > SSCC Generation Acc. to EAN128 > Maintain SSCC Generation for Each Warehouse Number

In ERP system - I had created number range with SNRO for object LE_SSCC with same attributes as above. i.e. 01 as internal and 02 as external.

Now when I packed the inbound delivery in ERP system, I used packaging material for which the number range is internal (i.e. 01) and it created HU with SSCC number. Up to this all were good. But when the same HU transferred from ERP to EWM system, SAP treated the HU number coming from ERP system as external HU number (which is logical) but it was looking at number range 02 (since it was marked as external) but was failing to match as the allowed numbers doesn't fit  along with the number transferred from ERP system. Hence it was giving error.

As a solution I declared 01 as external and 02 as internal and also inverted the number range assignment for SSCC generation in EWM system.

It created Inbound Delivery successfully.

Thanks all of you for helping on it.

Cheers,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

This is purely a number range issue. And, One of the document which is gong to be created automatically maintained as External Number Range. We just need to find out which document might be that.. Here are some suggestions to figure out the issue from where it is hitting.

I suggest you to look at Number Ranges that are maintained in EWM. and check, which one's are maintained external Number range. And, Cross verify is that document getting generated here during our process. If yes, then, Just try changing it as internal number range and they try again. Till we come to conclusion.

Another way is, Analyzing the created documents. that means, Do we have Plain inbound deliveries created, If yes, then, no issue with Inbound deliveries. Then check, HUs are getting created. If yes, Then, no issue with HUs. So, by adding which element we will come to know the issue is getting. Then, we need to rectify that elements number range issue.

It's only help on how to rectify.

Regards,
Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Batch is one master data.

After creating batch and there char, first you have to cif this master data and then use for your process.

Check batch data after CIF if it does not exit then resend from ecc or check queue.

Please check and revert after doing this.

Regards

Suraj