cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we integrate CATS & PPM and to retrieve CATS time recording data in PPM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Following the previous question of Ruxandra Petrina called "record times with CATS", I am facing an issue with the report DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF : it shows nothing despite I activated PPM accounting integration.

There are the steps I followed, I really don't understand what is missing. In PPM I can transfer and assign my projects to WBS elements automatically or manually.

1. We allowed time confirmation for projects
2. We replicated personal number as business partners
3. We activated worklists and project assignments @ data entry profiles
4. We set up ALE & RFC connections
5. We activated the integration scenarios on WBS element : automatic and  manual creation of WBS element assigned to PPM elements. Then we set up data profiles for time recording in cat2.
6. We enter times, we released it (approval is not required) + saving
7; We launch the program in SE38 of both ERP or SOLMAN systems : NOTHING appears.
Our goal is to see the times recorded in CATS in the Confirmed work field of PPM.
Can you please help me out with this issue ?
Many thanks in advance.
Best,
Cassoké

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassoke,

If your queries are answered, please close the thread by choosing the correct answer. If you have resolved your query on your own, then please share with the community and choose your post as correct answer.

This helps members to know quickly the answers for the post for which they are searching.

You can refer the below blog on why & how to close the discussions.

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Regards,

Ravi

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassoke,

I was just awaiting for the comments from Hans, since you both were discussing on this topic very much.

Coming back to your question,few clarifications are required..

1) Can you tell us about your system landscape & where PPM is installed ERP or SOLMAN?

2) Whether you are able to see the project task assigned to a user in CAT2 worklist?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1) PPM is installed on SOLMAN

2) No I am not able to see it : worklists are empty

Best,

Cassoké

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassoke,

If tasks assigned to a user is not listed in CAT2 worklist, then first we need to ensure that the tasks are displayed in the worklist. So the user confirm the times for the tasks using this list and after that only we should be running the report 'DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANF' to transfer the actual times entered by user in CAT2 to PPM project task.

To integrate CATS with PPM, you need to follow these steps.

Customisations:
1) Enable 'Time recording' for tasks & 'Account integration' in project type

2) Customisation related to 'Accounting integration' to be carried out (either single object / Hierarchical controlling, for testing better to use single object - Internal order, since it is easier)

3) Create a time sheet data entry profile

(Refer thread for details)

4) Ensure all object links(internal order / WBS)  RFC destinations are updated correctly.

Master data:

Business partners creation with BUP003-Employee role & link to HR personnel number

(This is not required if HR integration is activated, since the system creates the BP's automatically. But manually we need to validate the BP's for linkage with few users)

Project:

1) Create project using customised project type (where time recording/accounting integration is enabled)

2) Structure the project with phase/tasks

3) Update duration/work etc., to the tasks

3) Create project roles & staff a resource (BP which is validated for HR personnel number linkage).

4) Assign task to project role with resource in Project role-->task tab

6) Release the project definition and also check for phase/tasks release

7) Change the status of project definition to 'Flag for transfer' (Can be done before project release also)

😎 Check whether the internal order / PS project with WBS is created in ERP system(Based on customisation) and linked to project. Check can be made in accounting tab of the project. (If it is not created, then check for object link RFC destination correctness)

In case of automatic internal order creation process, you need to enter the org unit. data in project definition-->additional data of the project.

CATS:

After completing all the steps, the task assigned to the user will appear in the CAT2 transaction.

1) User can confirm the task with actual hours.

2) Run the CATS transfer report mentioned above to update the data in PPM project.

About SOLMAN integration, you can refer to this presentation also.

http://www.sapsa.se/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/9.-ITPPM@SAPSA_131119_IngoPfeiffer.pdf

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I really thank you for your reply. It is very detailled and it helped so much. I checked my customizing with your advices and I well followed all the steps.

I have the 3 status ok : released transferred to assign

but there is a trouble, in customizing I choose but assignment is manual despite my customizing :

I have this result in PPM and I can't save manual assignment :

Concerning Costing, I have this error message : I don't know where I can maintain the cost center but I have a cost center for my employees (employees linked to business partners in Solman)

Can you help me out with this ?

Many thanks in advance for your help once again.

Best,

Cassoké

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassoke,

Have you created a new project after changing the customising settings? since changes in customising will reflect only in new projects.

And in CO scenario - CPR1, which costing variant have you selected?

You need not worry about employee cost center here.. For errors in accounting data, you can check the controlling cockpit of cprojects (Tcode - COCPCPR).

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes I created a new project after customising.

I have selected YPS6 Easy Cost Planning (PS).

Do I have to fill out the costing sheet, overhead key, result analysis key as well ? I have only standard choice. I don't know if i need to create new one. If yes do you know where I can make it ?

There is the customisation I made on the controlling scenario

Best,

Cassoké

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassoke,

There are too many duplicate entries of controlling methods..

Can you try similar to this

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassoke,

Can you please try accounting integration with single level controlling (Internal order), since it is simple and this can be used for testing.

Once it is through, then you can try with Multi-level controlling(WBS elements).

Regards,
Ravi