cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP Fiori ( Can I replace my Webdynpro app with this)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I need some information from you if we can use Fiori or Personas to replace my custom webdynpro so that user can use it through their mobile.

Thanks

Rahul

[MODERATOR: SEARCH FIRST BEFORE POSTING. MESSAGE LOCKED.]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I assume you are using your custom webdynpro application. SInce this is custom application, you need to create a custom Fiori like application and standard wont be used, and once done , can be used from mobile, tablet or desktop.

For a custom application, you would need a gateway system and you might use your custom BAPI or BOR to create an Odata service, which would be consumed from frontend( UI5). Similiar work from the UI area, on design of the app. You have the URL now and this URL can be accessed from any device.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

You got me right. I have an existing custom WebDynpro I wan to make similar application so that it can be used from mobile as well with better interface.

My client asked me to use Fiori so that it can be used from Mobile as well, but going through blogs I understood that fiori is just a name of set of application and we can create our own application.

I am ABAP developer with Good ABAP OOPS knowledge and have following queries:

How proficient I need to be in JavaSCript, UI5, CSS to develop a application which is having screens data to be read from SAP tables, update delete etc.

I am currently working on ECC system so what things I need to install on my system so that I can use SAPUI5 for development.

Is it feasible to say my client that I can develop such application and I know that I am going to start from scratch not much knowledge of JAVA script, jQueries etc.

I am open to learn but how this UI5 will get data from SAP tables I know these may be very basic questions but need your insight on this.

Thanks A lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Fiori is a set of standard applications . But Fiori has also introduced the new design and UI concept in SAP. You can very well develop your own apps and expose them via SAP UI5.

As far as installation is concerned, you will have to install SAP Fiori on your landscape. Sap fiori needs a backend system and a gateway system. You can install both of them on the same box also.

Once you have your gateway and backend ready , you need to install fiori addons and relevant sap notes.

You will have to create a odata project in SEGW , with teh help of a BAPI or an FM. This would fetch your data from SAP and expose it to sapui5 via na odata service.

Once you odata servcie is ready you can develop your UI5 part via eclipse.

If its a simple app , it should be a big learning curve for you.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Meghana,

Your answer cleared few of my doubts, now my system is having netweaver in it. What gateway I need I know these are basics bit I need this infomation.

Now suppose I want to get data from a table what steps are required after creatin UI through SAPUI5.

PLEASE let me know thanks.

Rahul

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please take a look .

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

Below link describes the netweaver gateway installation :

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp06/helpdata/en/88/889a8cbf6046378e274d6d9cd04e4d/frameset.ht...

As far as fetching data from SAP is concerned, your entry point is an ODATA service which uses a bapi or a FM.

You can refer the link Masa shared for creating new apps.

Regards,

Meghna

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Below answers your query :

1. I am ABAP developer with Good ABAP OOPS knowledge and have following queries:

You need to learn SAP Gateway as well (Create GW service for CRUD) : Refer this link :

2. How proficient I need to be in JavaSCript, UI5, CSS to develop a application which is having screens data to be read from SAP tables, update delete etc.

You need to be proficient in Javascript, HTML5 and CSS. If you know these languages SAP UI5 is good to go, only UI5 libraries are different. UI5 will not read data from table, Gateway services will do. Once your gateway (odata) services are ready, you need to consume these services from your UI5 application(UI5 code).

3. I am currently working on ECC system so what things I need to install on my system so that I can use SAPUI5 for development.

Regarding installation of SAP UI5, you need to work on Eclipse. Visit this thread for prerequisite : Regarding installation of GW, already mentioned by Meghana and Masayuki.

If you want to code in ABAP and dont want to use Gateway for service creation, this blog might help : http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end/blog/2012/12/07/building-a-crud-application-...

Is it feasible to say my client that I can develop such application and I know that I am going to start from scratch not much knowledge of JAVA script, jQueries etc.

Its difficult for me to point out here. You need to be proficient in Gateway, UI5 and a bit of techarch as well.

I am open to learn but how this UI5 will get data from SAP tables I know these may be very basic questions but need your insight on this.

a) As said above, UI5 will not get data from SAP tables. Your gateway service will get the data.

b) You need to create custom RFC in ECC or you can use your custom table where the master data is.

c) Once you have this handy, create a GW service and use these RFC or Structures and map all the fields and generate the service.

d) Point this service to UI5 code and consume it.

Best regards,

Tejas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP fiori is set of 300+ ready to use apps , provided by sap leveraging sap netweaver gateway and SAP UI5.

I am not sure what you mean by replacing you webdynpro object by this.

If there is an app amongst the 300 apps that satisfy your purpose, you can use it.

These are stand alone apps that are readily available to use after all the config and installation is completed for Fiori.

regards,

Meghna

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can find Fiori information in .

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG