cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamically changing launch buttons in sap personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we implemented personas in our project I have requirement in the project that i need to make two launch buttons invisible/visible by clicking one checkbox or radio button.is it possible in SAP PERSONAS?  I've checked by writing this in JAVA SCRIPT but i didn't get this. Can any body suggest me how to get this done?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you only need to hide/unhide buttons, you could do something like what Tobias describes here:

You cannot modify most properties of an object with a script though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reacting dynamically to the change of the checkbox is tricky, though. I'm not sure I know how to do that.

Steve.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You're right, I don't think this will work by just ticking a checkbox or selecting a radio button, since this requires a Personas script to be executed which is not possible from JavaScript as far as I know.

An additional button click would be needed to make this happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought there might be a way to "link" a checkbox to a button, like you can link a text input field, so that checking the box ran the button's script. Sadly, you can build such links. A feature request, perhaps

Steve.

0 Kudos

other way is, you can put a transparent image on top of checkbox which can be linked to a script button.(creating pushonclick for the image).

So when the user clicks on the "checkbox", he will be clicking on the image, and then let the script do checking the checkbox and process further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sneaky! I like it...

I always forget about using images this way.

Steve.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Now that's a creative solution, I like it too

I think this may even work directly with a script button instead of an image, where all colors are set to transparent... but if not, the trick with the image will work for sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sushant,

requesting you to help me in understanding this more.

how this will help when two textboxes are in invisible and it will visible when radiobutton/checkbox clickeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tamas linked above to a thread that shows you how to hide fields by placing an label in front of them, and changing the text of that label to hide and unhide whatever is underneath. That requires a script to be invoked to perform the hide/unhide action. Sushant's technique relates to that. There is no way to associate a script action with a custom checkbox. Personas doesn't support that. Sushant suggests placing a transparent image over the checkbox, in front of it, so that clicking at that place on the screen sends the click event to the image not the checkbox. An image can have a script event associated with it - look in the image's properties in the Personas editor. Now you have a way to trigger the script that does the hide/unhide action. In addition, you should have the script check/uncheck the checkbox to give the user the impression of having clicked on it.

Steve.