cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect Provisioning using ARQ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently, I am using "Direct" as Role Provisioning Type and it is successfully provisioning the roles to users' master records in the back end system.

Now there is a business need to assign the roles to positions. We can achieve this by maintaining "Role Provisioning Type" as "Indirect" and selecting further "Position" as the next element in "Maintain Provisioning Settings"

My question is, to achieve this completely from ARQ point of view, do above configurations suffice or do I have to maintain any other settings in GRC or SAP HR system?

Please advise me all the related activities I need to perform in order to achieve the indirect role provisioning to job positions.

Regards,

Rehan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehan,

You just have to do settings as you mentioned initially. Just make sure that user's position is available in Access request ( user details tab ).

Best regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amanjit,

Thanks for your reply.

Do I have to sync/map these positions from SAP HR system?

Yes, this is available and currently I am not using it. If I make if visible then how do I fill it with relevant position of that employee?

Does it come automatically?

Please advise.

Regards,

Rehan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehan,

If you are using HR system as detail data source then position will be fetched automatically into access request. But if you are using some other detail data source like LDAP then you will have to map it to some attribute in LDAP ( if available ) .

Best Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanjit,

Thanks again for your reply.

Currently, I have 2 user detail data sources: LDAP and SAP HR (only for Manager ID).

For Manager ID, no specific mapping is done except "Connector Setting" where we define "PATH" (currently I am using A002). I believe this automatically pulls the manager id from SAP HR system.

As far "Position" field is concerned, do I need to map it also with relevant SAP HR field or does it pull automatically?

If I got you correctly, I need to map it with relevant field either from SAP HR or LDAP. But confirming this would be a great help!

Secondly, may you confirm below also:

Configuration in GRC System

1. Role Provisioning Type=Indirect

2. Indirect Provisioning Type=Position

3. Map "POSITION" field with SAP HR or LDAP (which ever is applicable. But for me it would be HR)

Configuration in SAP HR system

No configuration is required from GRC point of view

I dont have to maintain any organizational structure in GRC system.

Please advise/confirm.

Regards,

Rehan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehan,

If you are using HR system as one of detail datasource then you dont need to map position field. It will be automatically fetched.

Other settings you mentioned are correct .

Best regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amanjit,

Thanks a lot clarifying these things.

Now I am closing this thread going by your confirmations. If need be, will respond to this thread again.

Thanks again

Regards,

Rehan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Any help please?