cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the Backend PB when checked last month, Total  Unit was PC but in detail it was showing WAF. Checked in MAT1 in Unit of measure tab which is updated 1 pc =  2380 waf , now its showing perfectly fine. No changes made though. Please advise what could be the reason for this. when tried to check product in detail it was showing error for a product

"Conversion from WAF to PC for product ****** is not possible

Message no. /SAPAPO/SNP044"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

With the information given, it seems the default UoM mentioned in your planning area is PC. The error message "Conversion from WAF to PC not possible" in planning book appears when you do not have conversion factor maintained in the product master. By maintaining the UoM conversion in product master this gets resolved.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh ,

Thank you for the inputs.

I see conversion factor is maintained in MAT1. PFA. Now PB looks fine with unit showing same at product and total.

If changes are made now , how do I check the log for the field ?

Please help

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

To view the logs of changes made to the product master in APO, you should have change documents activated in APO system, else you will not be able to view the change logs like you see in R/3 material master. You can only see the last change by/time and date on the administration tab of product master.

Generally in APO, these change document are not activated and the reason I feel is that APO is predominantly a planning system and majority of the master data comes from R/3.

However, the configuration setting to activate change documents for product master is: SPRO-->Advanced Planning and Optimization-->Master data-->Product--->Activate change documents.

Hope this addresses your query, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Umesh,

Your information was a learning for me , but I have deviated from the issue. As I told, Unit of measure is pc maintained, uom conversion updated in MAT1, still unable to find the reason for error

"Conversion from WAF to PC for product xxxx is not possible

Message no. /SAPAPO/SNP044 "

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

This error comes when the system is not able to convert the quantities from one unit to another and gets resolved when the alternate UoM is defined in product master with conversion factor, which you have already maintained.

You can further check in t-code CUNI if the UoM WAF is defined there.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thanq for your time, I'm now clear about the issue and the solution you have given but I have noticed some difference in conversion value. I f we notice the PB screen (P29/2014) (UOM 1pc=2380 waf)

(99762*2380) =237433560-237479190= -45630

May I know what could be the reason for difference in values ?

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Basically UOM Conversion in the product master should be defined for the base unit of measure.Then using CUNI transaction relation between the required UOM and the SI UOM can be defined by entering the conversion factor.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

uom for product and pb are different. maintain unit of conversion in product master.

Thanks, Nikhil