cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output types are different in VF02 than in VF03 (A particular output type Z*** does not appear in VF03)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I check the billing document (Go to>Header>Output) there are 3 output types. After executing VF02, an output type is added (EDI). Why does this particular output type (Z***) not appear in VF03?

- What are the related configurations for this?

- Is this a possible ABAP issue? To my knowledge, custom programs usually do not result to this kind of behavior.

Thanks in advanced,

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi All,

Issue is caused by an output control affecting the behavior.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

Please elaborate

Issue is caused by an output control affecting the behavior.

Also, when you say that the traffic light was yellow, that means the output was not successful / created. Therefore you can not see the output.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was an output control/custom routine checking for particular variables - this requirement was not met and returned sy-subrc EQ 4, hence, the output type was not triggered.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, just for one Sold-to-Party. Can you advise how to get this corrected

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Khan,

This is a 6 years old question, which is already marked with the correct answer. Please raise a fresh question for your issue and you can give reference to this issue.

Thanks,
JP
SAP Community Moderator

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

H_Terras
Explorer

Hi Jelena,

Check Tx. NACZ.

Verify if don't have any requirement.

H.Terras

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

When you say 

After executing VF02, an output type is added (EDI).

Where do you see this? Is there a traffic light for this condition type (red, yellow or green)?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

It's yellow. Issue has been solved.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can only guess that the "missing" output is just getting proposed in VF02 and since you probably don't save the document then output is not saved either, so, naturally, it's not displayed in VF03. This is normal behavior.

"What are the related configurations" - seriously? Did you search for 'output' in SPRO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I'm not a functional consultant but an ABAP consultant. How is this being proposed and why that particular output type? Why not others? What triggers it for proposal?

Thanks.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack Rockefeller wrote:

I'm not a functional consultant but an ABAP consultant.

Ah, OK, that explains it. Jack, I'm sorry but it's not quite feasible to explain the whole output determination configuraton in a discussion post. Here is a wiki page if you have some time for reading. It's not very thorough but you could google for more. But it would be more efficient to just ask an SD consultant.

Also in VF02 look at the Output Determination analysis (it's somewhere in the menu in the Output screen) and see if it makes any sense to you.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

(a question from a different angle) why does this output get triggered in VF02 and not in VF01 itself?

In VF02, are you changing any data in your billing document? What are you doing in VF02?

Thanks!

TW