cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Alert on a Successful message in PO/PI 7.4 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking to send an email alert on successful delivery of my message from PI/PO system.

I am running on a single-stack Java stack system.

My scenario is from a Flat File to IDOC creation in ECC.

As soon as all the IDOCs are created in ECC, user needs an email alert for him to be updated that all the IDOCs are created in ECC system.

Please help me out the best possible way to configure this in my scenario.

Thanks

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I am looking for a general approach in sending an email for every successful message for every interface.

I am planning to configure another mail receiver in the ICO and put an option for 'Maintain Order at Runtime' and make sure that the email is sent after the message is successfully delivered.

Please let me know if this option is viable to configure.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Yes this option is viable to use.

If your primary interface which in your case is Idoc one goes to error than your mail adapter will go to Hold status. And eventually  it will fail after some time. It will only be triggered after your first interface is successful without any error in it.

We have used this approach in our current project, but the only difference is that the receiver adapter is SFTP.

Regards

Avichal Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avichal,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I will try this way and get back to you if I still find any issue.

Thanks

Shyam

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

You can start reading the links provided in this thread for Alert monitoring in SAP PI AEX.

IMO i the easiest way will be to do Z RFC in the receiver system which wraps the IDOC, inside the RFC check the IDOC generation and finally it would send a email via PI or directly.

Regards,