cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exciting Item category deleted accidentally .

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi   Experts>

Need advice

One of our existing item categories got deleted accidentally during  saving  new item categories ( for new business process requirement)   and saved  in one change request.The change request has been  moved to unit test server (separate server) where we noticed the existing item categories got deleted with new item categories request.

Now the question

• Ø Do we need to create another request for deleted item  category  as subsequent request ?
  • Ø If we take this route what will happen to existing open order in the production environment (Because the  1st request will delete the exiting item category object and the 2nd request will rebuilt the item categories .  Do we need to reschedule all open order manually  ?

OR

• Ø Can we reverse the complete the 1st request   and create a new one in configuration client with correction?

Need advice soon

Thanks

DC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In any of the situations--you should never mix your creation and deletion in one transport request itself.

You use one request for Creations.

You use another for deletions..(ask your TL on this)

There by you can have little more clarity--So these mistakes can be eradicated completely...

Hope this helps...

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phani,

These type of mistakes will always occur, these are due to human error!

Your suggestion of dividing CRs according to creation and deletion is an interesting one. Ultimately it depends upon the organization and the consultant.

Thanks!

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recreate the deleted item category with a new transport request which should not be moved to QA.  May be you can maintain the transport request text as "DO NOT MOVE".  Most importantly, this request should not be released.  Meanwhile, ask your Security team to delete the transport request against which, the item category had been deleted by oversight.  Next step is to configure based on business requirement with a new request which can be moved to QA.

G. Lakshmipathi

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the changes are not moved to production yet. No need to worry about the open order or anything related to it. As per my knowledge don't move this changes which are available in test client. Ask the basis team to cancel the TR and never move it production.

Since the existing item category is created, for recreation of this create one more TR and save this item category changes  and move this from Dev to Test system only and cancel TR, so that your existing item category will remain same in all three clients.

For your existing requirement create a new TR and move this to Dev-Quality-Prod.

The above all is my personal understanding,you may take Seniors advise once again, because this kind of situation i never faced hence i can't anticipate the 100% consequence with my above advice.

thanks,

Srinu.

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu

Thanks for reply

" Since the changes are not moved to production yet. No need to worry about the open order or anything related to it. As per my knowledge don't move this changes which are available in test client. Ask the basis team to cancel the TR and never move it production."

Do we need to cancel to reverse the Change request ? ( Because this change request contains , new item categories ans deleted exciting item category info )

Thanks

DC

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are right, never move that Transport request production.

As suggested create two TR;s

1. for recreating existing item category which was deleted.Move this upto Test server only.

2. Create 2nd TR for you old requirement and you can move this until Production.

Small typo mistake in my initially post :

"Since the existing item category is created"

This should be Since the existing item category is deleted.

thanks,

Srinu.

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu

The next question would be....

The TR already been  released from Dev server  and now it is  in Test  server ?

Can I cancel/reverse  the released TR in Test server ?

Thanks

DC

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You need ask the basis team to do that.We have done this similar to yours requirement but for RICEF Objects.

Thanks,

Srinu.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to request Basis team to Revert the transport request back from Unit test server .They will revert the transport request for you.After that you can do your new changes in Development then you can transport the changes .

I have done similar kind of mistake in my previous project and that time the basis team reverted my configuration back to development.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dilip,

Srinu is spot on! Just follow his suggestions.

It is very simple

1. Delete the CR created - which has existing item category deleted & new item category.

2. Create a new CR - to create the existing item category that got deleted in DEV and move it only to test system.

3.Create new CR - which has the new item category (IMP: The Golden client will have this new item category already) 

Move this CR, all the way to PRD

check this point: assignments (with sales document type, with schedule line category etc. etc.)

TW

With the above 3 steps probably you do not need the help of Basis team.