cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command & Process flow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I hv confusion regarding the control flow among the Command nodes!

I hv a SMARTFORM, the tree nodes r defined as follows,

1- COMMNAD(icon): GO_TO_NEXT_PAGE go to next page(No condition is mentioned) And (under the right side maitanance box) the Next Page parameter has given as ''Second Page''

2- TEXT ELEMENT(icon): WRITE_MYTEXT1 property detail description 1

3- COMMAND(icon): GO_TO_SECOND_PAGE go to next page(No condition is mentioned) And (under the right side maitanance box) the Next Page parameter has given as ''Second Page''

4- TEXT ELEMENT(icon): WRITE_MYTEXT2 property detail description 2

5- PAGE(icon): SECOND_PAGE this is second page

As per my understanding, the control comes first to the node 1,

then it goes to node 5 and process the nodes mentioned under (node) 5,

then the control comes back to node 2 and writes MYTEXT1,

then, the control encounters node 3, there it has been directed to go to node 5, so,

then the control goes to node 5 and processess it,

then the control comes back to node 4 and writes MYTEXT2,

then again the control encounters node 5 and it processes all the nodes mentioned under node 5!

So, Is this process flow is correct?

If not, pls. clarify my doubt.

ThanQ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srinivas,

u haven't understood the behaviour of the COMMAND node.

usinf ur node1--> u r callin te SECOND_PAGE.. fine when it comes to this node it call the SECOND_PAGE and prints..

1.now WRITE_MYTEXT1 (node2) will be printed in the SECOND_PAGE...

then it executes the node3... again SECOND_PAGE will be triggered and WRITE_MYTEXT2 will be printed on the seconde page(new page of second_page)..

but u r expecting the control comes back and trigger the SECOND_PAGE agian in node3... but it never comes back unless and until u call the PAGE1 using the COMMAND node goto PAGE1.

Remember--> where ever u calling another page using COMMAND node then it triggers the new page( of type called page here SECOND_PAGE).. so it starts printing of node in the main window in the SECOND_PAGE...

and for all commang node use the CONDITION tab Only on Page 'PAGE1' (if u want it to execute only on PAGE1.. Only on Page 'SECOND_PAGE' (if u want it to execute only on 'SECOND_PAGE' ....

the reason for this is in the smartform we have only one main windoow so all the node will be existed in all the pages... but we want to print some nodes in PAGE1 and some other node in SECOND_PAGE so we need to explicitily specify this using CONDITIONS TAB.

I hope it is cleare now, revert back if u want any clarifications

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved. Reward all Helpful answers

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ Naresh Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srinivas,

if u r problem is solved then cols this thread

Answers (0)