cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type 01 - inspection lot creation based on vendor batch number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

this topic has been discussed several times here, but I was not able to find a suitable answer for my question.

I am facing the folowing requirement:

I have activated inspection type 01 for a raw material.

I am receiving a firs goods receipt from vendor A with vendor batch number 0001.

The system creates its own goods receipt batch number 0546 based on internal numbering.

A new inspection lot is created.

I am posting a second goods receipt from vendor a with vendor batch 0001.

The system creates a new batch number 0547 based on internal numbering.

A new inspection lot is created.

I do not want to get the second inspection lot, because I received vendor batch 0001 before and I am assuming it has been inspected or is in inspection.

Option 1: Post the second goods receipt against the first internal batch number created.

I am aware of this need at the moment, but a user is not always checking if there is an internal batch with the same vendor received before.

Can I customize the system to create inspection lots based on the fact that the vendor batch number was received before?

Or do I have to use an exit and some ABAP code to get the wanted result?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option 1) Enhancement MBCFC010 (Propose batch number on Inventory Management) and inspection lot control based on batch

Option 2) Enhanement QAAT0001 (Inspection determination)

Regards

prakashc
Explorer
0 Kudos

You have to flip the "control ins lot" field in material master QM view to have one inspection lot created per material/batch. IN this way, system will generate one inspection lot and just update the qty on every receipt for the same material/batch. Please note, if the lot was UD'ed then subsequent qty will directly go to UR and not to QI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prakash C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

thank you for the reply. The inspection control in material master does not really help in this situation. It implies that the goods receipt posting is done against the already received internal batch number.

So the person posting the goods receipt has to look if the vendor batch number was already received.

Seems to unrealistic in real life.

In SAP standard the system creates a new batch number per goods receipt if you do not maintain an existing one, even if the vendor batch number is the same and create a new inspection lot.

Best regards,

Marcel

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use one of the enhancements that Do-Wook has suggested.  There is no standard SAP way to suppress the inspection based on the vendor batch number.

With the first enhancement you use the system to check for a previously received vendor batch and if one is found, then that batch number is proposed and not the next one from the numbering series.  In this case, the lot isn't created than due to the inspection lot control of the inspection type.

With the second enhancement you check the vendor batch number and if it's been received you suppress the inspection lot creation and the stock goes right to unrestricted.

You'll probably need to do one or the other.  Myself, I prefer the first enhancement.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

that would have been my answer for the thread.

Two options are usable.

Results copy proposed by Louis Nicolas, but would not be my preferred solution.

Option two: Use one of the exits Do-Wook has proposed.

I would prefer MBCFC010, too.

Thanks,

assumed solved

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

You can also investigate the results copy function ... to copy all results from you insp. lot #1 into your inspection lot #2 based on the vendor batch information recorded in your batch master.