Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault message with 'Server error'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following problem in PI.

The scenario is a synchronous interface, in which messages are send to PI using SOAP adapter. These are sent by proxy to ECC, and afterwards a reponse message is sent back.

So it's a SOAP-Proxy scenario with a synchronous interface and a request/response message.

I'm testing this interface using SOAPUI.

In PI the request and response messages are processed succesfully, however in SOAPUI I get the following error message (fault message), which is also shown in the communication channel logging.

<!--see
the documentation-->

<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SOAP:Body>

<SOAP:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>Server Error</faultstring>

<detail>

<s:SystemError xmlns:s="http://sap.com/xi/WebService/xi2.0">

<context>XIAdapter</context>

<code>ADAPTER.JAVA_EXCEPTION</code>

<text>java.lang.ClassCastException

The fault message contains the error: Server Error.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this?

Thanks in advance any help!

Regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krupa and Inaka,

Thanks for your replies.

I don't think there is a problem with the proxy because a correct response message is sent back from ECC to PI. This is shown in SXMB_MONI.

Also the SOAP sender channel has QOS : Best Effort.

Do you have other ideas what could have caused this?

Or someone else who's reading this discussion maybe?

Regards,

Marco

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco

It might be some issue on the adapter when returning the response from PI to SOAPUI.

You mentioned that the error message is also in the communication channel. Can you drill down and get the audit log for the corresponding message and see if there is more description related to the java.lang.ClassCastException error?

Rgds

Eng Swee

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Have you tried to do the test inside the PI?. Depending of your version you can test with the WSNavigator or in the RWB.

If I understand you right inside the PI there is not any exception in the sxi_monitor, even in the communication channel monitoring?.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee

The audit log doesn't show any errors. The java.lang.ClassCastException erro is shown in the processing details of the communication channel (column explanation)

The last step in the audit log is : "The message status is set to DLVD"

I think steps are missing after this, that sent the response message back to SOAPUI.

I also had a look in a similar interface I've build earlier, in which the additional last steps are:

SOAP: Response message leaving the adapter

SOAP: Processing completed

So for some reason the response message is not sent back from the adapter.

Could this issue be related to the test with SOAPUI and the version used?

The SOAPUI version is 5.0 and the PI version is 7.0

Regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I indeed also tested inside PI using RWB. However I get the error the outbound binding cannot  be retreived. While I'm using the exact same settings/values as with SOAPUI.

Regards,

Marco

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Are you using the ICO object?, are you setting the sender soap channel with the XI 3.0 message protocol when you test from RWB?

Regards,

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco

Can you please provide the screenshot of the error in the communication channel and the audit log of the message?

Rgds

Eng Swee

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lersel,

The problem seems to be in your inbound proxy. The message that the PI is sending seems dont fit with your proxy. You should:

1. Take your PI inbound payload and try to validate with the inbound schema.

2. If the step is ok, try to regenerate the proxy again.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Please check whether the request and response messages are processed in ECC using transaction SXI_MONITOR. If there are no messages then there could be problem with Proxy RFC. Also check quality of service(BE) in Sender SOAP communication channel.

Regards,

Krupa