cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Managament

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone help me with more details of Queue management.

1.Need to know the steps how the WT are assigned to the worklist

2.Assignment of resources and WOs to queues.

In addition to that please help me with more details for Queue monitoring.

1. Inbound Queue

2. Outbound Queue

Which scenario the queue get stuck and how to fix the issue. ( I am aware of the basic Queue Process just need to understand the difference issues which we are face in the production )

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are different issue in queue management.

Queues are used for transferring master and transactional data.

Master data go via APO -CIF queue

and transaction data flow via Bipi - Queue.

Now it will be very clear as you have two system ecc and ewm. whenever all this data flow and if there is disturbances then queues will be stuck .

Master data.

if you have added some custom field and that field has to go in ewm via apo - cif and same you have not enhance in ewm. queue will go and stuck saying no proper data.

if you transfer vendor and cus and same number range is not transferred in EWM then APO cif queue will be stuck.

Transactional data.

now if you have not transferred any master data and you are sending any transactional data  then queue will be stuck.

if you have not maintained material for AFS storage location in ecc. then when queue will come to update stock from ewm it will get stuck. There are many such issues.

all issue cant explain or showcase here but i hope you understood now kind of different issue u can get.

At the same time what ever u can imagine as mismatch in both system it will stuck in queue.

any improper updates will stuck in queue.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj.

Can you please give me more details on

1.how the WT are assigned to the work list

2.Assignment of resources and WOs to queues.

Can we manually assign the queue to resource/ changing the existing queue to new resource?

Regards,

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what you mean by work list?

its done by customization queue management logic.

yes you can manually assign resource to wo.

The queue represents a container where all open WOs are waiting to be processed.

During WO creation the correct queue is determined. The settings for the queue

management are made in the EWM IMG via the menu path Extended Warehouse

Management • Cross-Process Settings • Resource Management.

Regards

Suraj

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems you are bit confused. As Herald said, There are two different topics in EWM.

***********************************************************************************************

In Integration, you have RFC related Queues. that is different. Suraj explained on this.

************************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************************

In Mobile Data Entry/RF Solution:

To maintain/manage the work, we have Queue and Resource Management as part of RF Solution. Suraj explained in his second reply. And Juergen also shared a link for the same.

you got confused and mixed both here. Read once again and be clear on the topics and questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I am already aware of these two topics. Just need to understand both in details with some examples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

It sounds like you mixed up RFC-Queues (transcaction SMQ1 and SMQ2) and the EWM Queues in Resource Management.

RFC inbound (SMQ2) and Outboundqueues (SMQ1) are technical queues for RFC Calls (e.g. between EWM and ERP). There you need a monitoring by a technical it guy.

The Resource Management Queues are used to queue WHOs in diffrent Queues. Resources can work system driven within these Quese.

best regards,

Harald 

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you read this: Queue - Resource Management - SAP Library? I believe most of your questions are already answered there.

"In addition to that please help me with more details for Queue monitoring."

And I think here you mean, something else, that is RFC queues?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have already read the SAP document for queue management. Need more info on RFC queues.

Pleas let me know different issues which we face in RFC queue and how to fix those issues.

Regards,

SD.

0 Kudos

HI EWM User,

as I described, EWM Resource Queues are a complete different topic than RFC-Queues.

For monitoring RFC Queues you can use SMQ1 and SMQ2.

There are some rudiment ideas to use solmans business process monitoring, but actually there is no "out of the box" adapter to monitor RFC Queues.

If you are more a technical user you can use Database Table TRFCQIN in SE16 (e.g. to filter on error messages).

best regards,

Harald

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Harald wrote, SMQ1, SMQ2 are the main transaction. You can see the queues on the EWM side also in the warehouse monitor, you can also set up a tree in the CCMS for monitoring and create alerts.

"Pleas let me know different issues which we face in RFC queue and how to fix those issues."

You can have all kind of issues and how to fix them depends on the issue. Missing data? Wrong data?.

Brgds

Juergen